Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBR's 83GT - turbo 302.... now with EFI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Julie's dad was diagnosed with stage 4 renal cancer last week. He unfortunately went downhill really fast. Definitely one of the good guys. Life long cotton farmer, soft spoken, generous, really took care of his family. Sucked to see him suffer because he definitely didn't deserve it. He's the first of our parents to pass so it's weird territory for Julie and her sisters. Don't know why I am posting this except to say he was a good man and I hope I leave such a legacy behind when I'm gone.

ME and my parents are all gone and at our ages it would be unusual if they were still around. Still, I find that I frequently think "I'll just call Mom. She'll know." Then I remember that's no longer an option. But maybe that's how she lives on. Y'all will get used to it but it'll never go away and maybe that's how he'll live on.

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Your saying that here because you're going to miss a good guy and you wanted to tell us all. I'm fine with that.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Julie's dad was diagnosed with stage 4 renal cancer last week. He unfortunately went downhill really fast. Definitely one of the good guys. Life long cotton farmer, soft spoken, generous, really took care of his family. Sucked to see him suffer because he definitely didn't deserve it. He's the first of our parents to pass so it's weird territory for Julie and her sisters. Don't know why I am posting this except to say he was a good man and I hope I leave such a legacy behind when I'm gone.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Well it is not to be this year. Unfortunately we have a family funeral we have to attend.
    Well that just sucks all the way around.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Well it is not to be this year. Unfortunately we have a family funeral we have to attend.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    We have a Sunoco that has race gas at the pump not far from my house but it is stupid expensive. I would love to run E85, but local availability is darn near zero. You'd think with 3 ethanol plants within 80 miles of here, we'd have it everywhere, but nope.

I don't feel like 27 is too high. The motor seems happy, doesn't make heat on a pass. I probably won't go much higher though on pump fuel. I would think that the 302 NA prob makes max power at 36-38 degrees, so we are waaay under that and we didn't pull a whole lot when spraying a 150 shot. I have not read plugs. lol They are Autolite 23's. Basic centrifugal blower kits (7-9 psi) for Fox cars don't do anything to modify timing at all, so I figure it'll be all right.
    Last edited by BBR; October 6, 2022, 06:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I would like to work mine up to the 15 ish range. I might put it on E85 first have not decided. I still I a list or other projects (detail and sell Cruze, Hub bearing on Cadillac, install shelves / organize shop). And the mustang is running why rock the boat.

27 degrees sounds high but maybe thats why your a hero and am a zero???? . I assume you are reading plugs? What plug are you using?

I think mine is around 21 at 8psi. I would have to look. I stand by my previous statement. I would put some race gat even if it's just 100 unleaded.

Depending on how my injectors duty cycle hold up I thought about cutting the E85 with 100 unleaded. It was years ago but there was a station about 20 miles away that has it at the pump.
    Last edited by Russell; October 5, 2022, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    It starts at 8psi then creeps to about 13 by the end of the run.

We have 93 at the pump here so that's what we've been running in it. Timing is 27 degrees at max boost. TVRP has race fuel available.

We leave off the footbrake with basically zero boost. I'd like to play with the two step and try to at least leave on 3-4. Judd tried to just hold it with the brakes (no 2 step) and make boost, but it pushes the front tires.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I might be temped to eek up the boost ever so slightly to try and squeak a 10.99 out of it. Maybe I should put a engine diaper on it.
    I feex! just kidding, kinda... There have been plenty to run 10.99 and live to tell about it. If it doesn't you always have that 552 just sitting around.

I forget how much boost does it have now? I might be tempted to splurge and buy a can of race gas.
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    BvF is in a couple of weeks. I toyed with the idea of driving over and driving back, but this is usually the event we try for personal bests. If I drove it, I wouldn't feel comfortable really letting it eat on the track. I don't particularly want to blow up this 302, but I am not going to take it easy on it. On our last trip to the track in Amarillo, we managed to tune an additional 0.36 sec and 3 mph out of it. If that holds true for the much better atmospheric conditions we usually have in Noble, I could be looking at mid/low 11's at 123 ish mph. If that is the case, I might be temped to eek up the boost ever so slightly to try and squeak a 10.99 out of it. Maybe I should put the door bars back in it.
    Last edited by BBR; October 5, 2022, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Is it bad that I keep looking at the 552/C6 sitting in the floor and making a mental inventory of what I would need to drop it back in this car?

Always have a plan B.
    Last edited by BBR; October 4, 2022, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Idk. But I don't think he ever got a chance to drive it with the turbo and 5 speed combination.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Jake and 6 of his fellow USAFA cadets spent the night at our house on their way back to CoS following their Spring Break. One of the trucks they were in needed a brake job on the rear really really bad. Like steel on steel bad. Sunday morning we jumped on it and got it fixed. While we were working on it, Jake took his buddies for rides in the red car.

It was the first time he has driven it with the turbo and automatic. He was pretty impressed with it.

https://youtube.com/shorts/i61uf9nx9w0?feature=share

Edit: I hate Youtube Shorts.
    Did he like the auto more than the T5?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    With Buick v Ford only a couple months away, I am playing with the idea of just driving the car over Drag Week style. Load up the little trailer, drive over, race drive home. It's about 250 miles there. That would be a long day on that car but it might be fun. We'll see.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Jake and 6 of his fellow USAFA cadets spent the night at our house on their way back to CoS following their Spring Break. One of the trucks they were in needed a brake job on the rear really really bad. Like steel on steel bad. Sunday morning we jumped on it and got it fixed. While we were working on it, Jake took his buddies for rides in the red car.

It was the first time he has driven it with the turbo and automatic. He was pretty impressed with it.

https://youtube.com/shorts/i61uf9nx9w0?feature=share

Edit: I hate Youtube Shorts.
    Last edited by BBR; March 28, 2022, 06:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X