Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Turbo noises GOOD!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    It was 90 here on Saturday. Judd took the car on an extended drive around town and around the loop. Worked fine.

He said he got on it a few times and really likes turbo noises. haha

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Don't really know like from a dead stop. In the log above, I was easy on the throttle to about 4000 rpm when I mashed it and at about 5100 it was pretty much at full boost.

The steep spot where boost shoots up (74kpa to 140kpa) took about 1 second.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    What RPM does the turbo come in?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Slower.

The BBF would go from 1500 rpm to 6500rpm in a nano second and would destroy the tires regardless of what gear you were in. It was stupidly brutal when you whacked the throttle with malicious intent.

The turbo is fun though. It is docile out of boost, drives real nice and will idle all day long. When the boost comes in, that kick in the pants torque is a loooot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    How would you compair the car now to when it had the BBF in it?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Screenshot of a 2nd gear to 3rd gear pull. This was me turning a corner, mildly accelerating, then rolling into WOT and making a slow 2-3 shift and getting a big ole foot full of throttle again. O2 is logged as 0-5v so it looks flat at this scale. GPS speed is offset a bit. It shows max of 83mph so the pull is basically 45-83.

I logged with MSDroid and viewed it used www.datazap.me.

Baro reading minus max boost = 8psi.
    Timing at max boost = 19
    Intake air temp at max boost = 111 F
    Max rpm on this = 5400

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	102.0 KB ID:	1264781
    Last edited by BBR; March 12th, 2020, 02:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Uh yeah. So this just happened. lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200311_144233.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	1264773
    Drove the car to lunch. On the way home I got on it hard in 1st, as boost ramped in, it spun and I pulled 2nd, kept spinning. Very enjoyable until I saw those red and blues behind me shortly thereafter. Boo!

Got a warning.

But, the car drove home and back without any issues, got on it hard a few times. Seems to make nice power and I got some good datalog info. It is real quiet with the muffler so you can hear the wastegate open. Sounds weird. AFR's with the air filter on are 13.5+ cruising and low-mid 11's at WOT. Works for me.

Stiney --> that may be what I do. I usually have one in the back of the car, but if it is in the trailer, I don't have to load/unload it all the time.
    Last edited by BBR; March 11th, 2020, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Still undecided about how I want to handle the space next to the slicks. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200307_161137_795.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1264434
    Small cooler?

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    I've been looking for one at swap meets, from old service stations. The new "All in One" tire machines have displaced these old units.
    simple to use, and store easily.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Old school technology. I bought a bubble balancer. lol I thought one slick might be out of balance and I was right. It had the right weight, but it was about 30 degrees away from where it needed to be. The other slick was good.

The balancer is really a neat tool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200311_083805.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1264728

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Extending the tongue, good idea!

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Back to work. Tongue extended, built a jack storage mount that is between the ramps, added a catch for the kickstand, bolted toolbox on and mounted one fender.

Still undecided about how I want to handle the space next to the slicks. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200307_161137_795.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1264434

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    ... But some days are totally wasted.....Dan
    Put the pipe down!

Leave a comment:

Working...