The Buick and Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Buick and Studebaker

1954 Studebaker Pickup I've owned for nearly 22 years. It has Chev running gear, 500 cube caddy, and it does drive... a bit more wiring and some tail lights and it's a driver......

1970 Buick Skylark .... one of a million made - 8 point cage, 406 SBC, Blower, it's for those moments when speed is necessary

With the hood. It has the "black" wheels on it now - though since I've upgraded the suspension, I'm going to go with something a bit more handling oriented.

Re: The Buick and Studebaker

I'm liking them stone especially the Stude.
    HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Nice toys!
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I recently sold my 64 studebaker GT Hawk. Not long ago I had 7 of them (62-64) all GT Hawks at the same time. 5 of them would crank and drive, 2 were parts cars for sure. They were great cars to be honest with you. Very dependable. Never stuck me anywhere.

Comment

Very nice collection. Love the stude pickup.

Comment

nice ;D

as far as the suspension goes does air ride make anything for it.

Comment

The Studebaker is on a GM 3/4 ton 4x4 frame, and 500 cubic inch Cadillac - which cures the reliability problems admirably.... 23 years ago I actually drove the truck home. It was complete with stock stude motor, and 3 speed overdrive transmission.... at north of 40 I'm (still) faster on my bike then that truck was with the stock motor....

I built the Stude as a car hauler and dirt hauler so air-ride is actually in its plans ;D

Comment

so with the 500 cad you can pass pretty much anything but a gas station while also pulling another car on a trailer - or a bunch of bikes.

I'm still in awe of the combinations of cars and vehicles some folks come up with.

Very cool -- I have to say I don't think I'd ever heard of a 500 caddy engine in any truck - let alone a stude - sitting on a gmc 4x4 chassis!

A buddy has a '58 Ford with a 425 olds in it -- bet he hasn't touched that truck in 10 years.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Fuel economy isn't as bad as you think - thinking mid teens.... In the Stude's case it was a marriage of convenience... I bought a 4x4 GMC truck to put this body on, and when I pulled the cab off, I realzed that the turbo 350 was a dual bolt pattern trans.... almost immediately after that, a tow truck company owner and friend of mine auctioned off a insurance tow (In Oregon, no insurance - they tow your car) 75 Cadillac with the 500 in it.... got it for 75.00. Owned the Cad just long enough to pull the motor and trans... junked the rest for 35 bucks. The absolute best part of that stude is I might have $200.00 in it.... (I parted out the rest of the GMC as well for a tidy profit). The seat was free (an Astro van back seat)..... you get the picture... I built the headers... and I have the only one or two like it (actually saw one in the background of Monster Garage - then on Ebay not long after that).

Comment

Working...
                  X