My Shelby Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Shelby Cobra

Well here is my Shelby Cobra. Its a on going project. Solve one problem and another crops up.
    Towed to Las Vegas last Thrusday to have work done on the rear uprights by Tom's Motorsports http://tomsmotorsportsinc.com/Welcome.html. Tom discover that Shelby during the construction of my Cobra left out a few spacers which certainly had an effect on the handling. While there I also had them install one of there rear dif covers which allows the alunimum independent rear to breath a little better.

On the first drive in the Cobra when I got it back to Fresno the oil pressure which normally functions at 75-80 pounds dropped to 30 pounds. we got it home and pulled the oil filter. Saw that there was a lot of copper particles mixed with the oil. Not sure where its coming from however the 482 ci Pond aluminum FE is coming out and will be completely taken down to find and correct the problem. One of lifes frustrations.

At the Mini Nats, Sears Point

Recent photo spread

Pond Auminum 482 ci with Ported edlebrock RPM Heads

My 1967 Shelby GT-500 (03217) that I had up till 2003. I miss it!

Me and Carroll Shelby, He really is a nice guy who often gets a bad rap. This was taken by a guy who often writes for one of the Mustang Mags.

In the garage

Re: My Shelby Cobra

Very nice, Great to see one with a FE in it!

Comment

Sweet snake. FE's rule.

Comment

Hey Morgan, you forgot to mention your a Gashole.... ;D
        There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Thanks Mike,

Hey everyone, I am a Gashole. ;D

Comment

Great looking Cobra, another of my favorites, bet it scoots with the 482!!

Comment

John,

It did! Lost oil pressure, > Just pulled the motor and trans an hour ago. Sending it off to the machine shop to find out why it lost oil pressure? However the distributor will not come out. Hoping the crank is not damaged.:o

Comment

Sorry to hear that Morg...
                Let me kknow if I can help with anything.
                There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

I'm a GM guy, but my absolute favorite car of all time is a Cobra. Yours looks awesome...... double kudos that you take out to the track.

Comment

Awesome cobra man! Sorry to hear about the motor. I feel your pain. Hey, BTW, did you stencil the Goodyear Eagle lettering on your tires? I haven't seen those with that tread pattern before. The thought had occurred to me to do that to mine... I will hopefully see you at the track someday :-)

Comment

Beautiful car!!! Is it a continuation series car or a kit? If it is a kit, what brand?
                      I used to be a Ford guy way back when... My last one was a '66 Comet Cyclone GT. It was an S-code 390/C6 car. I had a bunch of fun in the old car. It would lay down some serious rubber... My best at the strip was 13.9's on street tires with exhaust. No record setter by any means but fun none-the-less.

I always wanted a Cobra. They are just bad. My Dad told me the story once... He had a pretty quick '67 GTO. It was a Ram-Air 400/4-speed car that he bought new in '67. It ran 13's at the track. At the time he worked on the local Army base. An officer was transferred in to Dad's building to jockey a desk until his time was up. The guy had his car shipped here from where ever he was from...It was a 427 Cobra. One day he was BS'ing with the guy and mentioned that his GTO was pretty quick. The guy says "My car is pretty quick too. We should go out at lunch and race to see who has the faster car. So at lunch time they walk out of the building and the guy says to my Dad "How about you drive my car out there (where ever they decided to race) and I'll drive yours." Dad said he had never even seen a Cobra before. Anyway, to make a long story short, Dad said the Cobra was an absolute beast. After they both made it to the "race track", Dad said he handed the keys back to the guy and said the race wouldn't be necessary, the guy's car was much faster than his GTO. A 427 Cobra has been his dream car for all these years since that day.

;D

Comment

Problem or not, it's good seeing that thing being used as intended.

Comment

Working...
                        X