Joes 66 Fury...more progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joes 66 Fury...more progress

well..been messing with the car off and on for a couple weeks since a school bus took my sons car out...I have to drive it till I get the salvage title and inspection done on his car......sooooooo.....

here are some before and afters......

the day I bought her

6 months ago

Today....*note* I lowered the front end..the guy I got it from lived off a dirt road and had them cranked up all the way.....it rides super smooth now and handles 100% better......

the engine..last week

the engine today

I only had the headlights in ...was gonna leave it like that till after I got it out of the body shop but she needed some identity....a face only a monther could love...you cant tell me that dont look evil.....

Not huge steps towards compleation but with a wife in grad school and 4 kids...you do what you can

Let me know what you think......

Re: Joes 66 Fury...more progress

Gettin closer!

Comment

When I got my Firebird the whole front clip was in the trunk, makes a world of difference in the personality of the car with the front end on it. Looks good too me. Got any pic's of the inside?
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Looks great. You mopar guys got it easy when it comes to lowering. Just a few twists of the torsion bars and your car is raked. Sweet

How bout some vids of it running?
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
          Looks great. You mopar guys got it easy when it comes to lowering. Just a few twists of the torsion bars and your car is raked. Sweet

LMAO...yeah we MOPAR guys have it made alright...we can lower our cars with the twist of 2 bolts...but god forbid there be any affordable speed parts out there for us...unlike you chevy gus who can build a 500hp motor for like a $1.97 ;D

Here is the link I had for it idleing and reving...sounds better now that its running right....

Comment

$1.97? I wish. My engine upgrade to 480 HP is costing me more than $2500 and I got my heads for half price. Besides, you mopar guys get all the respect. I'm driving 'just another Chevy'.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY

LMAO...yeah we MOPAR guys have it made alright...we can lower our cars with the twist of 2 bolts...but god forbid there be any affordable speed parts out there for us...unlike you chevy gus who can build a 500hp motor for like a $1.97 ;D

Here is the link I had for it idleing and reving...sounds better now that its running right....

$1.97 ? Gee, you Mopar guys always get it wrong. I had to pony up almost 3 bucks for my speed parts... GM performance is starting to get spendy.... Must be all the ex-Mopar guys wanting a quick speed fix driving the price up... ;D

Comment

The Fast and the FURYous ! Nice work , keep at it !
                Chryco ;)

Comment

Originally posted by wikd69
                  Originally posted by JOES66FURY

$1.97 ? Gee, you Mopar guys always get it wrong. I had to pony up almost 3 bucks for my speed parts... GM performance is starting to get spendy.... Must be all the ex-Mopar guys wanting a quick speed fix driving the price up... ;D

LMAO ;D

Comment

Looking good Fury, I had to leave my engine stock 'cause after the paint I couldn't afford the $1.98 LOL!!!

Comment

You know that Elco is so hot, it would be a shame not to have a wicked powerplant..... I could lend you the $1.98 if you need it ;)

Comment

HMMMM, I might take you up on that!!! I have to get it on the road first, I have been working on it sooo long that I have decided to just focus on finishing up what I have so far.

I have more plans for the interior and later I'm leaning towards an LS2 possibly with a turbo. I plan to drive it every day so I won't go too radical.

I have done all the suspension work, and notched the rear frame rails but I just rebuilt the 7.5" rearend, I don't think it will last very long under hard launches and drag radials.

Thanks for the kind words, and you must be very proud of your wife's hard work! We need more people like her who understand the importance of helping those who have more challenges than most do. Give her a big thank you for me!!!

Comment

Nice Fury...

Comment

Working...
                          X