My projects - 3 Mopars, a Mustang, and a dragster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My projects - 3 Mopars, a Mustang, and a dragster

My 428 is at the machine shop, and I'm starting to go through the fuel system, brakes, and electrical. I also need to get an exhaust system, clutch, wheels and tires. My credit card will be smoking, but the Mach 1 WILL be hitting the streets this summer.

Comment

Friggin awesome!!!

Comment

Is it ready to put in yet?

Comment

Did you talk to quality clutches about the clutch set up yet?
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The Super Cobra Jet has landed!!!

Back in my garage at least. Not quite ready to drop it in yet. I haven't made it over to Quality Clutches yet, or done the brakes. Last week was not terribly productive.

Comment

Keep at it - and get that cheap azz carquest oil filter off there with the break in lube and put a motorcraft wix or napa gold on there.

Remember to run straight non detergent 30 or 40 weight for the break in with a bottle of GM EOS or Crane / comp or similar cam break in lube in the oil as well (assuming you're running a flat tappet) new oils don't have the phosphorous and zinc additives that flat cams need. Red bottle STP is supposed to be high in both zinc and phosphorous, but I'm not sure of the mixture ratio - if one bottle per oil change is enough.

One thing's for sure - you'll be done YEARS before I will!

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                Keep at it - and get that cheap azz carquest oil filter off there with the break in lube and put a motorcraft wix or napa gold on there.

Remember to run straight non detergent 30 or 40 weight for the break in with a bottle of GM EOS or Crane / comp or similar cam break in lube in the oil as well (assuming you're running a flat tappet) new oils don't have the phosphorous and zinc additives that flat cams need. Red bottle STP is supposed to be high in both zinc and phosphorous, but I'm not sure of the mixture ratio - if one bottle per oil change is enough.

One thing's for sure - you'll be done YEARS before I will!
                Yeah, definitely going to get some of that GM EOS. It's a General Kinetics hydraulic flat tappet cam. I don't remember the specs, but it's a little hotter than stock. Nothing too crazy. If I ever end up building an engine around that dual quad setup, that one will be all out, roller cam, aluminum heads, stroker - crazy.

Assuming I still have a job when next week's over, I'm really hoping to have it on the road by the Dream Cruise. There's a ton of stuff to do yet, but if I keep knocking stuff off the list, I'll get there. If I still have a job. "Involuntary separation" is a bad, bad thing.

Comment

We're all in this together here in Dearborn, all walking on eggshells waiting for that horrible tap on the shoulder.

I've heard from some folks that management ranks are being hit pretty hard this time around - it's about time we had fewer chiefs and more indians..... we'll see how it all shakes out, there are dark days ahead.

Comment

Working...
                  X