Hemi Dart Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemi Dart Project

Hi ! First posting here for me , glad to see the cool site you`ve created , miss you in the 'zines .

I bought my Dart from a guy in Sigourney Iowa in around 1982 less engine and trans and ran it with a W2 340 /727 for around 10 years finally getting it into the high tens. The motor dropped a valve and the house and familly thing happenned and the Dart got parked for a few years untill the dust began to settle. I pulled it out of the barn , chased the nice out of it and started into it again . This time the plan was to go with a 500" B1 motor and a Glide' . I followed the old D/C manuals fairly closely and stripped as much weight out as I could safely get away with so now the inner fenders were gone , the front end all fiber glass along with the doors and decklid . I wound up with a sponsored paint job and around the same time came apon an engine I had to have . A KB/RBRE 557 " Hemi which was just freshened up and dyno`d @ 874HP / 745FT/LBS. so with some cash + my B1 head package the Hemi was in my garage . There was no turning back at this time. A J.W. Glide and transbrake w/ Ultra bell adapter , custom 9" convertor New Strange spool , axles for the 44" Dana60 ,and custom driveshaft along with a pile more goodies from Jeg`s were ordered. Finally after about a 12 year build it`s starting to see the light of day and should be able to see the track again only hopefully a little quicker than with the 340 . I`ve got just a few more safety related details to address and she`s done.
    Thanks !
    Chryco ;)

Trying out the new digital cam, on what better subject ?

Re: Hemi Dart Project

Plain Awesome!
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Hemi Darts are the greatest. Thanks a lot for hunting us down and signing up!

Comment

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!! That dart is wicked.

Nik

Comment

One of my favorite cars on a few of the forums I frequent.

:D

Comment

Can't wait to see it all finished. Big motors in small cars make me all giddy.
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I like.

Comment

Hey , yhanks for the kind words , can`t wait to hear this thing in high gear @ 7k !
                Chryco ;)

P.S Coolest site !

Comment

Working...
                X