My 67 Beetle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 67 Beetle

I absolutely love your Beetle, Ed. It's gonna look totally bitchin' with its stance on the redlines and Randars.

Comment

OK, not much to report, other than I have the tires to go on the Randar wheels now. Was going to get 185/55 and 205/65, but the Continental warehouse here in Ontario got a bit of stock in on the 165/60 size that I was originally looking at for the front. Should be a better fit, only an inch wider or so that my current 145/65, and not quite 1/2" taller.

The NOS Atlas redline portawalls that I got from a guy in Istanbul that advertises on the VW Samba site:

The 165/60 and 205/65 Conti rubber:

Laying the redlines on to get an idea how they will look:

I'll have to cut down the rim protector on the sidewall of the 165s a bit so the portawalls will fit properly. With the Randar wheels I think it will have a neat late 60s "Hot Wheels" look going with the redlines.

cheers
      Ed N.
      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Looks good Ed. I bought those same red lines from the same guy....was alittle scared but worked out. Dont know what I'm gonna use them on yet. Got my tires this week as well. Lookin forward to your update pics.

Comment

Just a quick update today. Took one of the wheels, a portawall, and a rear tire to a shop up the road from the dealership that has nice equipment for wheel mounting. They also use the "Equal" balance powder, which saves from having to put weights on the outside of nice wheels ... plus if you look at the wheels, you realize there is no way to spin them on a balancer ... no removable centre cap.

I think that they look at least as cool as I had hoped for, can't want to get them on the car ...

I may redo the black painted sections with a dark grey metallic as well, just for a bit different look.

cheers
          Ed N.
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Working...
          X