Wagon Tales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagon Tales

Latest project on our '65 Chevelle Wagon is a motor/tranny combo. Picked up a 383/700-R4 combo from a friend of mine complete with Mass-Flo fuel injection and March serpentine pulley system.

Out with the old...

In with the new...

Just where exactly is the fuel inlet?? lol

With any luck, I'll have it all done and ready for Continental Drift 2010 this spring, otherwise I'll have to use this...

Re: Wagon Tales

Here's a pic of the car it's going in...

Comment

NICE

wagons rule!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Nice wagon....I wish my wife would drive one, it'd be a great excuse to start another project
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Lookin' good, Mikey!

Comment

Im diggin that wagon!

Comment

Nice!
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Thanks guys...

Hey antmnte, I'll have to dig up pics of the Monte's I owned. Two years ago, I sold a '77 that was gold with a black Landau top. I remember seeing a pic of yours and it looked just like it without the top.

Comment

post it up I d like to see it !

Comment

Here ya go! I used it for a daily driver for 10 years until I sold it in 2007. Believe it or not, these pics are how it looked when I sold it after 10 Buffalo winters! It was well optioned too, swivel buckets, dual remote mirrors, map light, etc... Before this one, I drove a '74 for 6 years, that one had swivel buckets also and a 400 in it. I miss both of them, but figured it wasn't practical to get another one for a daily driver and went with a suburban instead.

Comment

Wow that looks really nice. I think I remember it from on here a while ago. I cant believe it survived that well in Buffalo
                      all those years! Whats the secret? Do you know a guy from up there with a black 73 like mine in my avatar?I met him at the show in Lake George back in Sept.
                      I actually was thinking once of have a black top put on my 77.

Comment

I friggin' LOVE green cars....great looking wagon
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
                          Wow that looks really nice. I think I remember it from on here a while ago. I cant believe it survived that well in Buffalo
                          all those years! Whats the secret? Do you know a guy from up there with a black 73 like mine in my avatar?I met him at the show in Lake George back in Sept.
                          I actually was thinking once of have a black top put on my 77.
                          The secret is, I bought if from down south and I had it rustproofed with an oil spray every year. It made it very sloppy to work on underneath and in the engine compartment, but it was well worth it.

I haven't seen a '73, but a 76 or 77 in black that is gorgeous! Mine originally had a tan top. It needed to be replaced and I really didn't care for the tan.

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                          I friggin' LOVE green cars....great looking wagon
                          Thanks, this one doesn't always look green, only in certain lights. It's House of Kolors Organic Green with a black base. The top of the car is Black with flames extending into the green.

Comment

First of all, let me say that's the nicest Chevelle Wagon I've ever seen, Mike! Great job.

And more importantly, let me congratulate you on your impeccable tastes in cars by choosing the second generation Monte! Here are a few of mine:

1974 Landau, original Y-code numbers matching 454/400, posi, electric skyroof, swivel buckets, original paint (but removed vinyl top).

1973 S coupe, non-original 454, posi, swivel buckets, repainted on rust-free Arizona car.

1973 Landau, 100% rust-free original (with new vinyl top) numbers matching 350/350 from Arizona.

President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

I'm liken' the Yellow/White V-Top combo,Mike. And I like that shade of Green '65LR',not a shade you usually see on Cars/Rods/Showcars. ~J/W.

Comment

Working...
                              X