Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wagon Tales

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
    I'm liken' the Yellow/White V-Top combo,Mike. ~J/W.
    Thanks, OO6! That's high praise coming from a true connoisseur such as yourself!
    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Nice cars, yogreasy. I also had a '74 that was cream (light yellow) with a black top (originally brown top). It also had the swivel buckets and a 400. I miss my Monte's, they were great cars! It's a shame they aren't more popular...

Comment

Originally posted by 65longroof
        Originally posted by antmnte
        Wow that looks really nice. I think I remember it from on here a while ago. I cant believe it survived that well in Buffalo
        all those years! Whats the secret? Do you know a guy from up there with a black 73 like mine in my avatar?I met him at the show in Lake George back in Sept.
        I actually was thinking once of have a black top put on my 77.
        The secret is, I bought if from down south and I had it rustproofed with an oil spray every year. It made it very sloppy to work on underneath and in the engine compartment, but it was well worth it.

I haven't seen a '73, but a 76 or 77 in black that is gorgeous! Mine originally had a tan top. It needed to be replaced and I really didn't care for the tan.

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
        I friggin' LOVE green cars....great looking wagon
        Thanks, this one doesn't always look green, only in certain lights. It's House of Kolors Organic Green with a black base. The top of the car is Black with flames extending into the green.

Is the oil spray you are talking about the stuff called waxyoyl or is it something else? Can you post a link to the stuff?
        I was wondering about having it done on my G8.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte

Is the oil spray you are talking about the stuff called waxyoyl or is it something else? Can you post a link to the stuff?
          I was wondering about having it done on my G8.
          The place I've been going to the last couple of years is called Carwell ( http://www.carwell.com/ ). I believe they are a sister company of Krown out of Canada. I went to Krown for a couple of years also before Carwell, and another un-named place for years before that. The stuff really works, the only bad thing is that it will seep out of various body seams over the summer. That just proves that it's working where it is supposed to.

Comment

Thanks Mike !

Comment

Getting closer... Some out of town work trips will delay firing this thing up until late March.

Comment

Late March it was as I fired it last night finally!! Sounds good but the "patch" I put in to connect the new headers to where I cut the pipes from the old headers isn't real good. Leaks like crazy. Taking it in tomorrow for new exhaust system tomorrow. Then I can start driving it without worrying about the pipes falling down! More to come...

Comment

Looks fabulous - that accessory drive set up is slick.... double adjustable... nice!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Well time for an update. On Good Friday I took it in for a complete exhaust system. Turned out real nice. After picking it up, I drove a little bit and it felt real good. After making a hard right turn and getting on it a little bit, I noticed some smoke coming out the engine compartment (didn't have the hood on yet). Pulled into a parking lot and there's a puddle of oil on the ground. After looking for awhile, I finally notice a hole in the front of the oil pan on the side. The tie rod zerk fitting pierced a hole in the pan.

After doing a little research, I found out it's a common problem with Chevelles and aftermarket pans. Aftermarket pans are wider and more square at the front than an OEM pan. Being that I have an '86 motor, I check out an '88 Monte Carlo pan and it looks like it will do the trick.

Being that I'm on a job for work that I haven't been home much, I'm hoping that this coming weekend I will be able to fire it back up and get some miles on it. Thankfully my dad has been gracious enough to help out with some of it and take care of a few things while I've been gone.

I'll try to post up some pics when I get home.

Comment

Working...
                    X