The PedoVan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PedoVan

Haha, for a moment I thought he was calling you Awesome for your Pedobear. :P
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

;D

Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Status on the van???

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
          Status on the van???

Still burning...

Comment

Hiatus due to both me and Mike's work obligations. Waking up at 4am every morning this week takes the piss outta ya when you're working until 6pm. I will pick up the van's second failing smog test tonight to get the numbers for you.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

OK, here's the test numbers for you. This was done with the APplus Technologies system.

Ford Aerostar 4.0L V6 automatic 1990 single exh AWD

HC (ppm) CO (%) CO+CO2 (%) O2 (%) RPM

Limits: 220 1.2 6 n/a n/a

Act. 4166 11.69 18.39 1.83 2250

I couldn't find the first test result, but the HC was about 550 ppm and it passed CO and CO+CO2. All we did was new plugs/wires and a power steering pump. WTF?

Comment

cold cat....

See if you can find a shop with a thermo temp gun and check the temp of the cat while hot
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

It's either, as mentioned, WAY cool, or somehow it got pig rich. Probably cold, though - or the cat died for some reason.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z

Man, it's frustrating to be SO close. :D
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The first test was close: HC was 526, CO was 1.1, CO+CO2 was 5.85.

Frustration occurs when your results aren't to your liking. This thing is becoming something more like a major, psychotic FKN hatred.

Comment

OK, here's the test numbers for you. This was done with the APplus Technologies system.

Ford Aerostar 4.0L V6 automatic 1990 single exh AWD

I couldn't find the first test result, but the HC was about 550 ppm and it passed CO and CO+CO2. All we did was new plugs/wires and a power steering pump. WTF?

I posted numbers like this a whiile ago with my little nissan and it turned out to be a cat that was not heating up and a shit load of bad gas....i replaced the cat for less than 80 bucks and drained the tank...i was well below standards after the fact...
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

From the numbers you got, I agree with everyone else. Looks like you got a cat issue. Now if i remember right, that Aerostar of yours has two cats on it. You could either get a set from an auto parts chain for around $200, or snatch the one from the 91 Aerostar you saw in the junkyard (if it's still there). Or you could still set it on fire....just remember to get the shifter and cable for milner (John)!

Comment

Hiatus due to both me and Mike's work obligations. Waking up at 4am every morning this week takes the piss outta ya when you're working until 6pm. I will pick up the van's second failing smog test tonight to get the numbers for you.
                            Please tell my boss that. He can't understand why I won't go work on his car after those kind of shifts. Now, if I worked his banker hours, I might pick up a wrench after work.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Just found the cat issue tonight: After a 10-min idle and five minutes at 2,000rpm the pipe and second catalytic converter pick up a nice, unhealthy glow. At least one cat is dead. What are the chances both are gone? Front one was not glowing at all.

Comment

Just found the cat issue tonight: After a 10-min idle and five minutes at 2,000rpm the pipe and second catalytic converter pick up a nice, unhealthy glow. At least one cat is dead. What are the chances both are gone? Front one was not glowing at all.
                                I am gonna guess both are shot...what was the temps of the other cat, was it normal op temp or did the case seem cold? Check the local laws, I know some places you can ditch the second one.....Might be able to get away with a universal on that thing just to get it to pass.....

Comment

Working...
                                X