The PedoVan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PedoVan

From working at a couple of dealerships, what we would usually see is the front cat coming apart and tossing it's cookies into the cat or muffler downstream of it. Good way to tell is drive or run it with the exhaust unhooked from the manifolds.
    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
      Just found the cat issue tonight: After a 10-min idle and five minutes at 2,000rpm the pipe and second catalytic converter pick up a nice, unhealthy glow. At least one cat is dead. What are the chances both are gone? Front one was not glowing at all.
      I read that and thought you got attacked by another fuzzy feline.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a cat until it's hot enough to set the car on fire.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The Steering Column

First full fail on this van. We wanted to swap out the shitty, punched-out, broken tilt column. Aerostars are plentiful in the JY's around here, so back to Pull-A-Part we went. $29 later, we walked out with a perfect match to ours. It even came out easily. The junkyard doesn't hold keys for the vehicles but we could change out the tumbler...

...riiiiiiiight. >

First we drilled it. FOUR broken drill bits later, we used an EasyOut on it. Broke it, too.

Then we chiseled the living F out of it. Ended up breaking the tumbler cylinder. Column has now become a decorative piece, it's useless now.

Then on the overkill, I broke the whole tumbler, thinking that it'd work with a flathead screwdriver. NOPE. Ford, you win. You make an excellent column.

The instructions on the new tumbler is what drove me to doing shots on a Sunday night: "Ford products are very simple to change the tumbler out on. Just make sure the key is in "Run" and press the lock button, and the entire assembly will slide out. Installation is reversed."

Now I'm off to find that damn thermite grenade...
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I had one in my T-bird that would not come out...it broke in such a way that the break prevented it from coming out...we used a dent puller.....a hammer, and a chisle....what a f-ing PITA....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

ONLY because Mike wants the van...otherwise I'd be roasting s'mores right about now.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Come on, Remy, save that thermite for something more deserving of such a death. A gas can, a rag, and a match is good enough for that pile of shit.

Me, I'd get it running and driving in any hacked up way I could. Then I'd finally use my crash helmet for it's intended use trying to see how well the van gets airborn and off road. I'd be testing the limits of it's brakes, especially the hand brake for those great 80's TV show power slides. The suspension and steering would be tested to how much air can placed under the tires before they died a horrible death.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

PEDOVAN HAS BEEN STOLEN--AGAIN!

Was last seen on a flatbed trailer in Tacoma. I had rendered the van inoperable...

Meh. "Answer my prayers, steal this car..."

;D

Comment

Again?!?!?!? Am I forgetful? I guess there is someone out there that needs more help lurring in children than you :-X
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Go look at your trailer and talk to me again..... ;D

Comment

Touche'! :D :P
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

But all seriousness aside - what DID happen to that sucker?

Dan

Comment

Wow...reviewing this thread, I forgot that I never finished up the story!!

OK...that weekend I was down in The Dalles, OR at the Oregon Trail Rally with S_G. En route back that Sunday night, I get a phone call from the bar owner:

"Did you move the van?" ...no...I ripped the wires out of the steering column in a rage...that bastard won't start for anyone ever again! Why?...."It's gone."...um, where?

That Friday an older couple had stopped into the bar, asked the owner about pulling some parts of the van. They were told that it was my van, and that they would have to wait for me to return to ask me. Guess they really needed the parts, because the next day they loaded that bastard up on a flatbed and hauled with it. The idiot-child that was working with me at the time LET IT HAPPEN. Without calling anyone, he let them load the van up and drive off. All he could tell me when I asked him about it in person was, "I thought you sold it."

The hood of his Maxima has one hell of a fist dent.

Nonwithstanding, it did me a favor getting rid of five tons of unadulterated shit out of my life. I reimbursed Mike for his financial burden in the van. He ended up trading the Escape they were driving for a '07 Mustang about the same week I tried to buy the Challenger.

The End. Burn in hell, Pedovan!

Comment

At least it's not a burden for you anymore.

"I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

who the hell steals a aero-brick???????? ??? :o

Comment

you have to know the area he lives in.... crackheads. they cut it up while tripping and sold it one hit at a time to a scrapyard.... pedovan is dead.... ;D
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X