Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '69 C20 ( no cool name like Seth's projects....a little help?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My '69 C20 ( no cool name like Seth's projects....a little help?)

I'm finally doing a project for myself. I found a '69 C20 pick up on craigs list a couple months ago. I need a truck(ask Seth) and I really like this style.

The body just need rockers, the rest is pretty solid. I have a buddy that run a body shop and He's itching to get his hands on it.

I bought it without a motor, but luckily another buddy gave me a 454 with a spun rod bearing. Ground the crank, touch honed the block, resized the one rod, and the short block is back together. Seth gave me a few parts and John(milner) gave me a carb, but I still need a few things. The biggest thing is an oil pan. If anyone has a spare I'll get it out of your way.

It has a 4 speed but I found a 4l80e I want to put in it. I have an idea on a shifter but I'm saying anything until I see it work. Oh yea, I need a flexplate.

I know, this thread is worthless without pics, so...

Cognizant Dissident

Re: My '69 C20 ( no cool name like Seth's projects....a little help?)

Ah nice, you went from always being the bridesmaid and never the bride, to being the bride! (I'm sorry it's the only analogy that came to mind ;D :P)

Cam spec's? Forgive my ignorace, are the front brakes drum or discs?
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

A cheap roller rat, you lucky bastige! :P I have a pan and flexplate for a rat buried in the quonset in Nebraska, not going there until May though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
        Ah nice, you went from always being the bridesmaid and never the bride, to being the bride! (I'm sorry it's the only analogy that came to mind ;D :P)

Cam spec's? Forgive my ignorace, are the front brakes drum or discs?
        I didn't even check it.....how embarassing is that. It's the stock cam. The motor came out of an earily '90 pick up.

Fine I'll check this weekend

Originally posted by Thumpin455
        A cheap roller rat, you lucky bastige! :P I have a pan and flexplate for a rat buried in the quonset in Nebraska, not going there until May though.
        Thanks, but I'm hoping to have it on the road soon
        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I had a chance to get a '69 for $800, but I dragged my feet and lost out. Maybe I should've bought it first, then figure out where I was going to park it. Oh well.

Finding those in the midwest that still have floors, rockers, door sills, beds that aren't rusted out is a lucky find. Good luck with it.

Chevy nailed it with this design and should go back to it. I'm so over the mini-semi look on pickups.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

hmm.. rusty, spun bearing 454..... would it be the son of seth?
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You don't want to call it the "STD Chevy"? ;D (I pretty sure I wouldn't want too :P)

Comment

is it a mark 4 block or a gen 5? If it is the older one I probbably have an oil pan and maybe a flexplate for ya.
                Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Originally posted by std

So it takes 3 bud lights to install a Cam and time chain on a BBC. :D
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

haha, nice catch.

Comment

kool another one {I am pulled to this body style have had 8 and still have my first} I have extra set of rockers for one if you want them shot me an address

Comment

How about the Tow-minator.......or the Pet-I-File...... ;)

Seth
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

How about calling it "David". Lohnes has Goliath, and since your name is Dave.

Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

[/quote]Sweet the first geen Camaro of trucks!

Comment

Originally posted by 82z
                              is it a mark 4 block or a gen 5? If it is the older one I probbably have an oil pan and maybe a flexplate for ya.
                              It's an early '90 block. Does that make it a 4?
                              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X