No announcement yet.

Trukluvr's new project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most replacement radiators are for automatic applications, I've changed a couple in the last few years in manual cars and it didn't matter that they had a trans cooler in the tank since they weren't used.
    Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
    1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
    1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Thanks to Uncle Sam I was finally able to get all the front end parts bought/ordered. Brakes, ball joints, shocks, and springs. Time to be like a kid at Christmas. Just need to find a place I can do the work now.
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

The front end work has made her feel like a different truck. Loving it!! Just wish I had time & money to driver her more.

Comment

This year has been tough for this project, More transmission issues. Will be hunting over the winter for a donor truck with an A833 to swap in. I'm done with automatics in this thing. If you have any leads, please let me know.

Comment

Still hunting for a manual trans swap donor. Prefer A833, but would also consider NV3500 or NV4500, or possibly a T-5. Hoping to get something set up so I can drive this beast this summer.

Comment

might be a bit steep, but did find this: https://www.ebay.com/i/162920703303?chn=ps&dispItem=1
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                might be a bit steep, but did find this: https://www.ebay.com/i/162920703303?chn=ps&dispItem=1
                Nice thought, but that one is for a Mopar. It could work, but I am on a budget & would rather find a GM set up. Thanks for the link tho.

Comment

Since I have been unable to locate a suitable donor for a manual swap I am looking into rebuilding the TH350 that currently resides in the truck. Hopefully the estimate comes in within my budget.

Comment

I think you should do the T5 . Are there no junk yards near you ?
                    Last edited by Dan Barlow; April 21, 2019, 05:33 AM.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Rebuild what you got, save your nickels and dimes to do the manual swap the right way at a later date. When you do get ready you could flip the "refreshed" trans for a few bucks to offset the cost and/or cover incidentals.

Kinda what I am doing now with my turd. Flipping bits of this and tossing my change in a jar so I can pick up some parts that I need....slow going but I figure it's been this long, whats another 12 years....
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr View Post
                        Still hunting for a manual trans swap donor. Prefer A833, but would also consider NV3500 or NV4500, or possibly a T-5. Hoping to get something set up so I can drive this beast this summer.
                        In case this helps with your search, I'm adding a link to the FB page & business listing my SiL started about a year ago... Midwest Classics, LLC ..based out of Appleton/Hortonville. once you ask Chris to add you to the group you can post up what your looking for. Maybe someone out there can help you find your trans.

This is the link to the FB buy-sell-trade page that Chris Admin's ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1233414693407456/

Hope it helps some...
                        John

'86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                        79 Trans Am project
                        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                          Rebuild what you got, save your nickels and dimes to do the manual swap the right way at a later date. When you do get ready you could flip the "refreshed" trans for a few bucks to offset the cost and/or cover incidentals.

Kinda what I am doing now with my turd. Flipping bits of this and tossing my change in a jar so I can pick up some parts that I need....slow going but I figure it's been this long, whats another 12 years....
                          That was my goal after the search for a manual failed. Got the truck to the shop for the rebuild & they found the root causes of the issues I was having. Only set me back $280 instead of the $1100 for a complete rebuild.

Comment

On the Road Again!
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Spring clean up under way. This year it's new door hinges & strikers. Should come out of storage in about a month.

Comment

Dropped her off at the body shop this morning to get the hinges replaced. Should have back next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X