No announcement yet.

Trukluvr's new project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a summer filled with electrical gremlins and adding oil almost as often as gas I am looking at my options to either replace the engine again or, in a worst case, selling this beast. Time to figure out how much I overpaid Uncle Sam last year and what my next step will be.
    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Sorry to hear your problems,
      I feel your Pain, I've only had one project that I bought that didn't turn into a Money Pit. And it was one that I had no real plans on owning!!

Comment

Finally found the electrical gremlins. Ended up swapping out the original HEI distributor for an MSD Street Fire. Runs better than it has in several years. Still need to address the oil consumption issue and figure out where the trans fluid is going since it hadn't ran since December and was down almost a gallon with no visible spot under it. Now to driver it some for the next 6 weeks or so before it goes back into storage for the winter.

Comment

Sad news........frame has extreme rot and cant be saved. time to find a replacement truck.

Comment

Bummer.......

Comment

Keep us posted on the search. Good luck!
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I did a frame swap on one of those about 15 years ago .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

This truck is just like an old girlfriend I had many many years ago , if it wasn’t one thing it was another. Good riddance

Comment

Alrighty then , on to the next project !
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Sent you a PM on a Chassis for a Square Body Chevy pickup

Comment

Working...
                      X