No announcement yet.

52 Chevy Deluxe. Another new project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 52 Chevy Deluxe. Another new project.

Wow man - there's another packrat on here like me about carbs...

We may be brothers from a different mother.

nice work man - I'm very envious of all you have going on these days.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
      Wow man - there's another packrat on here like me about carbs...

We may be brothers from a different mother.

nice work man - I'm very envious of all you have going on these days.
      Yeah that may be, lol.
      Lots more going on around here than I let on. Building a 302 similiar to the one in your Ranger for a guy here that wants to put it in a '84 Ranger. Also doing another car that doesn't have a thread yet. Major project. Doing the suspension on that one.

Comment

I like that tool bag. The good ole days when a pipe wrench, pliers and an awl will fix your car.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I would NOT recommend the summit brand 94/95 mustang headers for the ranger build - driver's side is fine - passenger side requires major frame surgery.

Comment

I would NOT recommend the summit brand 94/95 mustang headers for the ranger build - driver's side is fine - passenger side requires major frame surgery.
            I'll let him know, but I'm sure he has some already he plans to use. The truck had a V-8 in it already, he's just ready for some more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
              I like that tool bag. The good ole days when a pipe wrench, pliers and an awl will fix your car.
              I think thats all my grandpa ever had in his car....well...that and a wood shafted 5 iron...
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

That IS NOT a pipe wrench. Notice that the movable jaw does not pivot in as pressure is applied. That is a real, Honest-to-God monkey wrench! Sort of a precursor to the Crescent wrench. Why it's called a monkey wrench I have no clue. Wikipedia, anyone?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                  That IS NOT a pipe wrench. Notice that the movable jaw does not pivot in as pressure is applied. That is a real, Honest-to-God monkey wrench! Sort of a precursor to the Crescent wrench. Why it's called a monkey wrench I have no clue. Wikipedia, anyone?

Dan
                  Yeah, Dan, I forgot you were around when wrenches were called spanners. ;D

I saw a '52 nearly identical to this one today for sale in San Pedro. I couldn't stop and look or take a pic because I had clients with me at the time.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I decided to paint all the wheels. I had reservations about doing this, making the wheels nice and shiny versus the old repaint on the car. Two of the wheels were a lighter color though and it was noticeable. I took the fuel door off and brought it to a parts store that has a paint camera so they could give me a formula that would match. Sanded them down, taped off the tires, some primer, some paint, and they came out nice.

Comment

Went to go look at a '66 Suburban with a lift, new 33" tires and a 327 in it. Sounded like a good deal, but it turned out to be a real piece of junk. Oh well, but I did find this

Comment

at least he took a few minutes to put a "roof" over the body of the roadster -- but really - why on earth do people let this stuff sit OUTSIDE! >

Comment

at least he took a few minutes to put a "roof" over the body of the roadster -- but really - why on earth do people let this stuff sit OUTSIDE! >
                          Same problem I have. No garage.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Talked to some locals and found out the roadster is actually a '29 Chrysler built into a rod in the '50s, ran around until the '70s when it was parked outside a garage. About 20 years ago it disappeared, and recently it appeared here. The garage is full of cars, but not sure what.

Comment

Working...
                            X