X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antmnte
    replied
    Re: "Yellow Streak" 1965 Corvette Roadster

Great car Steve !! I like the yellow,would look good with some Chrome reverse wheels
    front and back.

Leave a comment:

• ls7gto
    replied

Sweet ride, Im sure ill like what ever you do. I like the yellow , with swapping to a stinger in black, knock offs with the gold lines, with the 406 and 5 spd. looks like a nice original , but runs like a scalded cat!

Leave a comment:

• Blazerteam
    replied

Originally posted by BetterWithBoost
    Steve-
    Keep the yellow, do a stinger hood with gloss black cowl/accents.
    Knock-off wheels with redline tires. Bitchin', bitchin' bitchin'!!!!!!
    8) 8).But i vote ralleys without trim rings for the wheels..

Leave a comment:

• BetterWithBoost
    replied

Steve-
    Keep the yellow, do a stinger hood with gloss black cowl/accents.
    Knock-off wheels with redline tires. Bitchin', bitchin' bitchin'!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mopar57
    replied

I might vote yellow too. Just stay away from the trend of the day whatever it is.......5 years from now it will look dated.

Leave a comment:

• Blazerteam
    replied

Originally posted by 116ciHemi
    How about a simple two tone color? Marina blue on top with and a darker blue on the bottom, gunmetal finish 16" torq thrusts, and just a slight lowering over stock.
    Good choice.. ;).Theres too many Vette owners worrying about their cars number matching drivetrain ;D....But yellow isnt a bad choice either.I would have kept it that colour,and driven it a lot.

Leave a comment:

• 98ciHemi
    replied

How about a simple two tone color? Marina blue on top with and a darker blue on the bottom, gunmetal finish 16" torq thrusts, and just a slight lowering over stock.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    I have to admit, it is growing on me ..

Click image for larger version

Name:	198806-1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1298406

Leave a comment:

• 68 Valiant
    replied

I like the yellow. Its a lot of work to change the color of a car and do it properly.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied

Raised white letter, redline, yellow line. Anything but hubcaps and whitewalls like granny's Olds had. I'd like to see a mid year Vette that has wider wheels and lower profile wheels. If you can get 15x8 knock off style wheels under the rear fenders with 50 or 60 series profile tires. Most mid year owners are really concerned about keeping the "off the showroom floor" look these days. I think that is fine, but a change of wheels and tires is easily changeable with five lug nuts. It also is the one thing that can change the look and attitude of the car. I wish I had enough sense to take a picture of my Impala when I bought it with 175/75R14 JC Penney white walls on the 14x5 steel wheels and old chevy hubcaps. So not muscle. The difference between the car when I drove into Super Shops and after was dramatic with nothing more than a wheel/tire change.

In the end, it's your car. Do to it what you wish and what you'd like to see everytime you enter the garage.

Leave a comment:

• joebogey
    replied

Now see, to me going with black or red is the "look at me" color. I would stay with the yellow, it's different. I like the Marina Blue, but that seems to be a very popular "stock" color.

Leave a comment:

• ponchoman
    replied

Are you trying to keep this looking more or less original - or at least period correct? If so, I love the knock-offs (even if they're "knock-off knock offs ) and the gold lines or red lines. If you're changing other appearance parts of the car I might go a different route.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied

I agree - those would look most excellent on your car.... but I think regular old black walls on those wheels would look great too.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351
    i say a wheel similar to the wheels on the silver 63 you missed out on would be very huge improvement over the caps and still keep a very original look to the overall package.
    I agree John, those are aftermarket, bolt on "knock-off" wheels.

I know everyone has heard of Redlines (mostly due to Hot Wheels).
    ... but has anyone else heard of "Goldline" tires ?
    I think Goldlines & bolt on "knock-off" wheels would look great on my car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Goldlines.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1298398

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied

in this case - the silver is less " look at me" than the marina blue - but I love blue - so - that's my favorite.

i say a wheel similar to the wheels on the silver 63 you missed out on would be very huge improvement over the caps and still keep a very original look to the overall package.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X