"Yellow Streak" 1965 Corvette Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Yellow Streak" 1965 Corvette Roadster

Well, I finally did it ... found my dream car, made an offer and it was accepted.
    I won't know what it needs until I get it into my shop, but I am still contemplating building an all aluminum 406ci SBC hanging off a 5 or 6-speed. It comes with the numbers matching engine, but I don't want a show car, I want a driver !!

Anybody want a 1963 Chevy II Nova SS ?

1965 Corvette Convertible
    Goldwood Yellow exterior with a very straight body and is in very original condition, the original chrome bumpers are also in good condition, not showing any rust or dings, as are the original chrome exterior door handles. The taillights show normal cracking from age and the wheels wear a set of original hubcaps in fair condition.

Black interior, Black convertible top and the interior is just as original as the outside, with original seat covers, door panels, carpet, gauges, seatbelts, center console, and steering wheel.

A 240hp 350ci GM crate engine (original numbers matching 250hp 327ci engine also included), number matching 4 speed manual transmission with a Hurst shifter. The engine compartment has been extensively detailed, and features an Edelbrock Performer aluminum intake. A Weber carburetor currently delivers the fuel for this vehicle.

Factory features also include 4-wheel disc brakes, power steering and power antenna. The frame is solid, and has been nicely detailed. Drive as-is, or restore to show quality, this car has plenty of eye appeal and is guaranteed to turn heads !

Click image for larger version

Name:	198801-1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	1298399

Re: "Yellow Streak" 1965 Corvette Roadster

Steve, the Vette looks mighty cool! Congrats and good luck with it!
    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

looks like it needs a little TLC...perfect for a driver. Congrats on your dream car.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Congrats man..... with that said - color me green with envy... nice car

so global moderator is paying well huh? ;)
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Gratulation sent from here ;).Nice car.I vote ralleys without chrome rings,if you wanna change wheels ;D.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
            I vote ralleys without chrome rings,if you wanna change wheels.
            Arlid, funny you mention this, as this issue was raised by others already.

Originally posted by White Monster
            Originally posted by milner351
            .. please tell me you are not going to run it with those wheels for very long !
            What' the matter John, not a fan of 15" steels with original fake "knock off" hub caps ?

LOL !!
            Actually, choosing the right wheels, will take lots of consideration.
            Maybe I should conduct a poll and get as many ideas as there are members ?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	198815-1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	1298401

Comment

Congrats Dude....

You deserve it.....Let me know if you need any help.....You should totally drive it to Maxton.

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

20 years ago , my boss paid 15 grand for a 66 sbc roadster with a glide
                I changed everything on that car

Comment

Congrats man! When I saw this thread title posted by you, I said to myself, "way awesome, he's finally bought his dream ride!"... seriously ;D

I look forward to the updates

Comment

One word, sidepipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;D

Congrats Steve, that baby is awesome.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Sidepipes are a minus Bob ... but a stinger hood is a positive !!

Comment

Nice stuff...let me know if I can do anything...

Comment

Very nice and I am sure it willl be a lot of fun in your neck of the woods as I am positive that topless opportunities are plentiful in Florida. I think I saw somewhere that you are thinking of a color change, what do you have in mind?
                          Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Originally posted by 91CCFirebird
                            I think I saw somewhere that you are thinking of a color change, what do you have in mind?
                            Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement everyone !

91Bird, I have never been one for the flashy "look at me" paint schemes.
                            Would like to stick with an original color and so far I am thinking Sebring Silver or Marina Blue.
                            Still contemplating though.
                            You got any ideas ?

Comment

I think silver is a good look especially if you switch to a stinger hood and add a black stinger.  However, I am a huge fan of Marina blue so I would be hard pressed not to go that route.  Jeep is using a color very similar to Marina blue on some of their new wranglers and it always catches my eye.  I think they call it Surf Blue.

Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Working...
                              X