"Yellow Streak" 1965 Corvette Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Yellow Streak" 1965 Corvette Roadster

I agree - those would look most excellent on your car.... but I think regular old black walls on those wheels would look great too.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Are you trying to keep this looking more or less original - or at least period correct? If so, I love the knock-offs (even if they're "knock-off knock offs ) and the gold lines or red lines. If you're changing other appearance parts of the car I might go a different route.

Comment

Now see, to me going with black or red is the "look at me" color. I would stay with the yellow, it's different. I like the Marina Blue, but that seems to be a very popular "stock" color.
        sigpic

Comment

Raised white letter, redline, yellow line. Anything but hubcaps and whitewalls like granny's Olds had. I'd like to see a mid year Vette that has wider wheels and lower profile wheels. If you can get 15x8 knock off style wheels under the rear fenders with 50 or 60 series profile tires. Most mid year owners are really concerned about keeping the "off the showroom floor" look these days. I think that is fine, but a change of wheels and tires is easily changeable with five lug nuts. It also is the one thing that can change the look and attitude of the car. I wish I had enough sense to take a picture of my Impala when I bought it with 175/75R14 JC Penney white walls on the 14x5 steel wheels and old chevy hubcaps. So not muscle. The difference between the car when I drove into Super Shops and after was dramatic with nothing more than a wheel/tire change.

In the end, it's your car. Do to it what you wish and what you'd like to see everytime you enter the garage.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I like the yellow. Its a lot of work to change the color of a car and do it properly.

Comment

I have to admit, it is growing on me ..

Click image for larger version

Name:	198806-1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1298406

Comment

How about a simple two tone color? Marina blue on top with and a darker blue on the bottom, gunmetal finish 16" torq thrusts, and just a slight lowering over stock.

Comment

Originally posted by 116ciHemi
                  How about a simple two tone color? Marina blue on top with and a darker blue on the bottom, gunmetal finish 16" torq thrusts, and just a slight lowering over stock.
                  Good choice.. ;).Theres too many Vette owners worrying about their cars number matching drivetrain ;D....But yellow isnt a bad choice either.I would have kept it that colour,and driven it a lot.

Comment

I might vote yellow too. Just stay away from the trend of the day whatever it is.......5 years from now it will look dated.

Comment

Steve-
                      Keep the yellow, do a stinger hood with gloss black cowl/accents.
                      Knock-off wheels with redline tires. Bitchin', bitchin' bitchin'!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BetterWithBoost
                        Steve-
                        Keep the yellow, do a stinger hood with gloss black cowl/accents.
                        Knock-off wheels with redline tires. Bitchin', bitchin' bitchin'!!!!!!
                        8) 8).But i vote ralleys without trim rings for the wheels..

Comment

Sweet ride, Im sure ill like what ever you do. I like the yellow , with swapping to a stinger in black, knock offs with the gold lines, with the 406 and 5 spd. looks like a nice original , but runs like a scalded cat!
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.
                          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Great car Steve !! I like the yellow,would look good with some Chrome reverse wheels
                            front and back.

Comment

Look what showed up at my driveway this morning !!
                              After playing all day, I put her up in the shop ....

Name:	Vette 003.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	1298407

Name:	Vette 014-1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	1298408

Comment

looks right at home
                                Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Working...
                                X