• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Yellow Streak" 1965 Corvette Roadster

thats cooool

Comment

Well for the color, maybe something in a salmon, shod with 13" gold Daytonas.....Excuse me, I'm on some really strong meds right now......
      Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Look up conway collectibles on ebay - that's my uncle - he's been restoring emblems and the like for years - he may have something for your car if yours are not already reproduced - which I'm guessing they are.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Well, my first blast down the road told me this car will be FUN !!
          I got sideways and made lots of power noise, shifting gear to gear, much more than the automatic Nova.
          I got bugs in my teeth and the smile was wide open the entire time ....
          Damn, this car is just plain fun !

After my first ride yesterday, the turn signals were working (e.g. the internal indicators blinked "on and off").
          After going over a bump that shook the car, the turn signals stay "on" continuously.
          All four corner light are on.

This seems like the flasher can came loose to me, but I'm new to this stuff.
          What does this symptom sound like to you.

Looking for experience here, what is my problem ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette 001-1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	1298409

Comment

if all four are going - something has flipped the hazard light switch - or - created a short that has the same action as turning on the hazards....

do you have a wiring diagram for this thing yet?

I would start by visually inspecting the hazard switch - and wiring going to an from it.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

With everyone doing cool stuff with their projects, I went back to see where mine was and I'm ashamed of myself. Anyhow, the problem wound up being the can and was a simple fix, once I found out where the GM engineers hid it.

Name:	198821-1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	1298412

Comment

After cleaning up a lot of little gremlins, I took it on a trip to the Smokey's that October, to do a run on the Blue Ridge Parkway with some of my Power Tour buddies. I believe this is at Vic's place in Fancy Gap.

Name:	BRP October 2010 001-1.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	1298415

Comment

I still have not done anything with the installed GM Goodwrench 350ci crate, except put on a free-flow air filter to replace the factory twin snorkel unit ... but with 260 hp @ 4300 rpm & 350 lbs.ft. torque @ 3600 rpm it pushes this little car around just fine. This is the engine compartment as I got it.

Name:	198828-1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	1298417

Comment

Here is the numbers matching L75 327ci (300hp engine 300 hp @ 5000 rpm / 360 lb-ft @ 3200 rpm). The casting numbers on the intake show it to be a '66 or '67 300hp with a Holley carb (correct 1965 300hp was with a Carter AFB). The previous owner Paul, owned it for about five or six years and it was driven regularly. At one point he had around 15 cars in his collection until he fell on hard times and had to sell many of them. The numbers matching engine in the crate runs, but it does smoke.

This project will probably be for the next owner to restore.

Click image for larger version  Name:	198830-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.5 KB ID:	1298419

Comment

pretty cool, one to drive and one to preserve
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I remember when you bought this car. Hard to believe it was over 10 years ago. Like that Vette, time flies.
                        If I read correctly, glad you are breathing life back into it.
                        Breathing life back into my 55 right now, DTB aka Bob the Builder
                        DTB - RETIRED

Comment

DTB dba BTB....
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Well , I missed this the first time around . Congrats on a really cool vette . My 92 has had a little problem the last 2 years and I've been getting after it as I learn things . Which has been alot hear lately . I'd leave the color alone unless you can just pay a pro and get a quick turn around . Hey , you've lived with it ten years . The first vette I ever drove was like yours only maroon . 327 4so. I fixed the rag joint for a couple friends that bought it to flip but weren't hands on kind of guys . One asked if I wanted to take it for a spin . It was a crisp dry November day . He jokingly asked if I wanted him to put the top down . I told him , of course ! Man that was fun running thru those gears on a few acceleration runs . Well ,as you know I got my manual trans vette 5 years ago . It's just a 92 instead of a 66 .
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                            X