Project gettobird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project gettobird

Here is my new 86 V8 s10 I picked up today....Lets see how long this keeps my attention.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Re: Project gettobird

Sounds pretty decent. I always wonder why someone who was going to put that much work into a truck (or car) wouldn't go South and get a better donor to start with. I hate rust! Still, it doesn't look TOO bad and as long as you didn't spend a potful it should be a ton of fun.

Dan

Comment

I'm digging the Avatar :D
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Naa I had maybe a grand in the blazer including buying it, so Hell the heads on this thing are worth that..lol

Comment

Well got it off the trailer and into the shop. Turns out the center pin bolt came loose and let the center pin loose and it broke that in half and broke one spider gear. Good think i kept the 7.5 out of my 83 malibu wagon... Came in handly for parts.

Comment

how the hell does the pin bolt come loose? someone had to be in there messing around and did not tighten it back up...I dig V8 S-10's...can I assume you do not have to worry about emissions where you live....

Didnt you buy a vette?
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I had traded for a vette, then sold it, bought a 84 GMC then sold that , bought 3 s10 blazers and then traded one of them for this truck sold anoter one, and I've got this last one sold, just gotta deliver it this week.

Comment

He emailed me some basic specs on the engine..
                488/510 Eddelbrock cam
                Eddelbrock RPM intake
                Holly 650 carb
                World sportsmen 2 heads
                cam button
                new eagle crank
                TH350 trans
                B&M 2400 stall and shift kit
                10.5 to 1 pistons

I got it in the shop, got the rear end fixed for now and installed a new shifter.

Had this old ass TCI shifter Edit..Its a TCI lighting reverse manual th350/400 shifter...the internet is great.

Had to paint the white stripes I couldn't stand it.

Comment

Well couldn't stand the faded primer so I gave it a quick prep and splashed some martin Senor industrial coating gloss black.

Comment

Looks like a spray pattern on the back door and an airhose on the ground. I'm assuming you used a paint gun.
                    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

yea, It was a northern tools cheapy. I painted Aircraft in the Navy for 8 years.

Comment

dont look too bad, you gonna buff it or leave it
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Well I'm gonna rob the engine for my other new project a 77 impala coupe, and the rest of the truck is for sale, But I might try and buff it and get some practice.

Comment

pulled the engine and sold the truck,,pulled the heads off the engine cause it never really seemed to be right and sure enough, the flat tops are .030 in the hole and it had .040 head gaskets on it so the compression was down from what was really needed for the RPM cam, gonna put it back with some .015 gaskets and that will bring me to whee i need to be for compression ratio and then its going into THIS!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X