39 plymouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 39 plymouth

ok so I have been bustin but on my pick up but no pics as it is just sanding blocking yay

I have this 39 plymouth prostreet car i got for a song{traded a 454 I got for free for it}
    here is the deal and back story

car was a race car in the 60's ran in the gas classes as "the crab apple"
    was bought by a chassie shop that is well known localy the Baron Brothers
    when the pro street trend hit this car got it full chassie,dana 60 wit a locker ,4:11's strange axles,4 wheel disk mustang II front etc... was never finished
    they did a killer chassie on it 4 link etc... is has 31x18.5's on the rear
    like I said they never finished it.A friend of mine bought it started buying parts for it then life happened and when he started getting back into cars he bought a 68 chevelle and the plymouth was forgot he sold it to my other buddy when he got back from Iraq and he let it sit for 2 years then dicided he was never going to build it and wanted a big block for his Impy.
    here is the car

this is the mock up motor but you can see the front section of frame here

the only thing I have done to it to date is chasnge the rear wheels with some with the right back space and strip one side of paint and surface rust and etch primer it
    I have a 8 point cage for it on it's way
    have a 434 small block for it
    clutch turbo

here is a question
    would you build the floors then put in the cage like my buddy thinks I should or would you do like I plan and cage it them floors ? just wondering lol
    more to come

Re: 39 plymouth

floor then cage.... far easier to bore round holes in the floorboard, then it is to cut semi-circles in the floor and put it in.... of course, others will disagree ;)

cool trade.... the moparts purists are going to have a corinary.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Based on my limited floor making experience... x2

Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

are the headlight buckets for square headlights?

Comment

ya the buckets are mostly square kinda round lol
          ya I did not think of the holes in the floor was just thinking how easy to do the cage lol
          here is a stock front end all put together nice part is I have boxes of trim for the car from the first/second owners
          I will take more pics tonight

as for the mopar purist
          I did not set it up for a chevy that is how I got it lol

Comment

Originally posted by jays67
            ya the buckets are mostly square kinda round lol
            ya I did not think of the holes in the floor was just thinking how easy to do the cage lol
            here is a stock front end all put together nice part is I have boxes of trim for the car from the first/second owners
            I will take more pics tonight

as for the mopar purist
            I did not set it up for a chevy that is how I got it lol
            i like the headlights. i thought it was some custom jobby from the 80's using newer square lights....people did a lot of weird things back then :D

Comment

here are more pics of what I have to work with
              this is how it sits today with the right rear wheels
              frame inside the front of passanger aera
              frame from front inside looking back at rear body is not bolted down yet{has 3 bolts and tie straps holding it to frame } and is still all braced waiting for me to get working
              rear end and back of frame the box is a box of trim for the car you can see it is at ride height I still need springs for my coil overs it has struts at all 4 corners to build it right now

Comment

wow -this thing has tremendous potential - and since you basically have nothing in it - how can you loose!

on something like this I would let your creativity lead you - as you feel like it and have the time / materials - chip away at it and have fun with it.

The wheels you put on the back really look nice - this thing is going to be wickedly cool.

Are you going to make all the tin work / floors / trans tunnel on your own out of steel sheet?

I would probably put round head lights in it because the rest of the car is so rounded - but - that's just me.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

thanks that is kinda the plan work on it when time and parts allow
                  yes i am doing the tin work
                  I have to do as much of it as I can myself as I am a broke lol
                  I have lots of parts saved up and this car will be useing some of them and building parts etc... body and paint will be inhouse too and it is all like you said because I have nothing in it.
                  the car when finished will be a street /strip car {thats why the roll bar etc..} and hopefully pretty quick but it is a big round tub ;D

Comment

That thing is pretty cool. Isn't amazing what you can find floating around Western NY? Lots of cars there.

Comment

Working...
                    X