No announcement yet.

Ole Truck Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a couple parts knocked out today......It's clearly been too long since I have welded up any sheet metal parts

Pay no attention to that nasty firewall.....it's the "artwork" of the previous owner......bigger fish for now. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5774s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	202.0 KB ID:	1232029Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5777s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	196.3 KB ID:	1232030Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5782s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	186.8 KB ID:	1232031Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5785s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	215.8 KB ID:	1232032
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; February 13, 2019, 06:31 PM.
    A.K.A. Brian
    Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

I got some bead roller practice this weekend....it's been a while, but good enough for the crusty truck.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5827s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	203.7 KB ID:	1236510

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5840s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	226.3 KB ID:	1236511

I finally got around to making a stand for the new-to-me toys I bought last fall. the hand operated shear is on the bottom shelf for storage until I decide if i will sell it or move it upstairs to the wood shop (where my bead roller is). I have a stomp shear downstairs so it's a bit redundant.

BTW, I did add the necessary supports under the footprint of each tool

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5846s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	213.0 KB ID:	1236512

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5852s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	230.5 KB ID:	1236513
      Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; March 11, 2019, 07:55 PM.
      A.K.A. Brian

Comment

nice
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Looking sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            nice

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Looking sweet!
            Thanks Guys!

I got a few more parts made. I have been waiting on access to the little box-n-pan brake to make these parts.

I bought the above DiAcro tools last fall, drove 10 hours round trip to pick them up. While unloading them I tore something loose in my rib/diaphragm area.
            It caused instant uncontrollable tourette syndrome every time I coughed or sneezed for about 8 weeks.
            It seemed like a rude way to remind me I'm too old to solo parts like those out of the bed of my truck.

After the long wait, it"s nice to have a finger brake, even if it is only 24".

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5861s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.6 KB ID:	1236969

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5864s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	145.2 KB ID:	1236970
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_61621.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	1236971

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5866s.jpg Views:	2 Size:	192.9 KB ID:	1236974

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG5867s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	204.4 KB ID:	1236973
            Attached Files
            Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; March 13, 2019, 07:48 PM.
            A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Going to fully weld after welding the plugholes?

Comment

Going to fully weld after welding the plugholes?
                I don't plan to on most of it.
                It's 18ga cold roll, I expect it to be plenty strong with the structure under it and the angles.

That said, if it needs more, it will get more. It will get a shot of weld through primer first then sealed up like a factory seam.

When I plan to fully weld sheet metal, I usually wont have so much overlap, also in this case the under structure doesn't allow access for hammer/dolly
                Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; March 13, 2019, 08:06 PM.
                A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Sealing it makes it fun to drive, says the guy who had a 500 caddy valvecover on his knee working the throttle... Steer, rev, shift and try to breathe as the exhaust was getting my feet warm!

Comment

Sealing it makes it fun to drive, says the guy who had a 500 caddy valvecover on his knee working the throttle... Steer, rev, shift and try to breathe as the exhaust was getting my feet warm!
                    Ha! I hear you!
                    For what this is, I'm probably going overboard.
                    It's never going to be a slick ride, but I won't have a total POS either. I'm not a fan of the term Rat Rod, but it is what it is.

The guy who started building this truck did some sketchy crap, I'm just trying to clean it up some and make it solid....OH, and dial back the chance of death by dumbass a few notches.
                    Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; March 13, 2019, 08:35 PM.
                    A.K.A. Brian

Comment

instant uncontrollable tourette syndrome every time I coughed or sneezed for about 8 weeks
                      You have my immediate sympathy, and gain huge points for the best description of ripping an intercostal muscle ever. While trying to describe a broken rib to a friend, the best way I could explain was that it was like having an extra toe grafted on, and stubbing it every time I took a breath.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post

You have my immediate sympathy, and gain huge points for the best description of ripping an intercostal muscle ever. While trying to describe a broken rib to a friend, the best way I could explain was that it was like having an extra toe grafted on, and stubbing it every time I took a breath.
                        my utter loathing of the medical community comes from their 'treatment' of a broken rib. Tape it tight so you don't dare move or breath as a lesson to you not do that stupid stuff again.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

my utter loathing of the medical community comes from their 'treatment' of a broken rib. Tape it tight so you don't dare move or breath as a lesson to you not do that stupid stuff again.
                          I know what you're saying but the truth is that there really isn't much they can do for a broken rib except hold it in place and give it time.

Dan

Comment

Correct, unfortunately. Medical people are my people, and unfortunately non-displaced fractures of the ribs? Manage pain is basically all you can do. The big danger is pneumonia secondary to atelectasis because it hurts so goddamn bad to cough as well as breathe!

Medical people are like any other group. A few winners, a whole lot of losers. It's like choosing a mechanic.

It's when you're talking about dentists that the whole group is incompetent sadistic sociopaths.

Comment

Most dentists are boring (That's - I say - that's a joke, son).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
                                It's when you're talking about dentists that the whole group is incompetent sadistic sociopaths.
                                I'm going to go out on a limb and think you don't like dentists. I know, I know, it's a stretch....
                                I'm not a fan either

Comment

Working...
                                X