Ole Truck Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
    Correct, unfortunately. Medical people are my people, and unfortunately non-displaced fractures of the ribs? Manage pain is basically all you can do. The big danger is pneumonia secondary to atelectasis because it hurts so goddamn bad to cough as well as breathe!

Medical people are like any other group. A few winners, a whole lot of losers. It's like choosing a mechanic.

It's when you're talking about dentists that the whole group is incompetent sadistic sociopaths.

Medical folk are a fickle lot.

The hospital where my wife has worked for 12 years just dropped ALL benefits for the hospitialist group except malpractice insurance, and in my wife's case cut her base pay too.

I can't wrap my head around a HOSPITAL dropping health care benefits for it's providers.

Looks like it's time for another move :-( .......

A.K.A. Brian
    Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

Damn, DWB - That sucks! Best of luck to you two. My wife is a retired administrator from University of Michigan Hospitals and her benefits were/are excellent. No clue what's going on at your wife's hospital but something's out of wack. Good time to move on - there are lots of good jobs in the health care world.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post

Medical folk are a fickle lot.

The hospital where my wife has worked for 12 years just dropped ALL benefits for the hospitialist group except malpractice insurance, and in my wife's case cut her base pay too.

I can't wrap my head around a HOSPITAL dropping health care benefits for it's providers.

Looks like it's time for another move :-( .......
        I do employment law and outside of Apple the absolute worst group of employers to their employees is hospitals.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I do employment law and outside of Apple the absolute worst group of employers to their employees is hospitals.
          Try calling the hospital or doc office thru the RELAY SERVICE!
          Dumbest shits on the phones ever! "We do not want any" click...
          Operators say something like "This is operator XYZ, for the relay service..." click.
          What the relay servive is is a person at the center takes a call either by video phone (facetime like) or by text and is the voice and ears of the deafie
          Ordering parts is never a problem... Getting a fickin appointment is a darn drive into town...
          I love to text the most.. The biz or medical folks do not text.... I do not video phone as I notice they misread my dialect.. Can't use 711 cuz I got no landline.

Comment

Working...
          X