My Dodge Aspen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Dodge Aspen

I've always liked the Aspen/Volare. 1 block from my house there is a '77 Aspen that's been sitting in someone's side yard for the past 5 years and I'm always tempted to go knock on their door. Not because I need another project, I'm just afraid if they ever move it will end up at the local auto salvage. :'(
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I have never seen on of those before. It's cool and to me looks like an updated duster.

Comment

Lookin' mean.

I bet it will look even meaner with that new sheet metal intake. I think I spot some Solidworks action going on, and I was wondering if you could enlighten us on your design process. I'd be interested in hearing about how you went about sizing up the runners and plenum.

I've been a closet Aspen/Volare lover for quite some time. I really dig the Super Coupes and NASCAR kit cars. It was more or less the tape-stripe/fiberglass special but I always thought they would look mean decked out with the full NASCAR treatment. I haven't seen too many drag oriented Aspens and I have to say yours looks tough.

Comment

I'm really like the Aspen, very cool. I have to agree I liked it before the paint too - either way it looks great. It's cool to see how mean they can look with the right setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach-1
            Lookin' mean.

I bet it will look even meaner with that new sheet metal intake. I think I spot some Solidworks action going on, and I was wondering if you could enlighten us on your design process. I'd be interested in hearing about how you went about sizing up the runners and plenum.

I've been a closet Aspen/Volare lover for quite some time. I really dig the Super Coupes and NASCAR kit cars. It was more or less the tape-stripe/fiberglass special but I always thought they would look mean decked out with the full NASCAR treatment. I haven't seen too many drag oriented Aspens and I have to say yours looks tough.
            Haha, very true it is a SolidWorks design. Like I said before this is just a rough draft so far, the runners are the very rough part of it, I have the basic shape figured so far, but the volume hasn't been messed with yet, and I haven't even set the runner length yet. But that is still to come, and I will keep you posted. The first one will be quite the experiment, and might not even have a dominator on it, but maybe a dual four set up. We will just have to take the car into the shop and test it on the dyno for a couple of days.

When we get the manifold working good I will be open to selling them if anyone is looking for one!

Comment

Thanks. I look forward to seeing your design develop. Ever since I've been working w/ CAD I've always wanted to design a sheet metal intake.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X