Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here...77 Camaro project

Well this will be my first post.
    Just a few shots of my big bumper Camaro project.

Don
    "Big cars need lovin too"

Re: New here...77 Camaro project

Looks good man, dig the color....keep the pics commin'

Comment

Nice. Ditto on the paint color.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The first project car my dad built was a 78 camaro with a tunnel rammed 350. You bring back memories of my dad sanding primer in the garage. Looks great. I will always have a soft spot for the later 2nd gens.
        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Where is Dave M. he is going to die when he sees this thing!!!! That color mmmmmmm........yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice!!!!!!!!! (highly jealous)
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Great color choice. Love the fact that these year cars are getting some much due attention.
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

did these things all rust out or something? they were a dime a dozen when I was younger (like Fox bodies now) but I couldn't tell you the last time I saw one, even a beat one. Always kinda dug the '74's myself. Yours looks like it's gonna be a nice one when it's done, keep the pics coming 8)
                "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Wow, I love that color. What a beautiful vehicle. I can't wait to see more :D

Comment

77 Camaros are absolute trash. Now, a '78 is a different story! (Just giving you a hard time - I have a '78). I like the color, too. I had a '66 Fairlane that color (more or less) w/parchment interior, and it was a beautiful combo. Not sure what you want to do with yours, but I have a PERFECT, never been on the ground OEM spare tire and jack if you want it - come pick it up or pay shipping (SE NC) and it's yours. Also rearview mirrors and some interior bits that weren't completely toasted.

I'm trying to get the mechanicals sorted on mine before paint, so I probably won't spray it until next year. On the rust - depends on where you live. The ones in Michigan were GONE, mine's from NC and is pristine, with just a trace of rust on the lower passenger door. The interior was history, but that got all pulled out anyway. So I'm a little jealous to see yours ready for reassembly.

Later
                    Dan

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments. I know these are not as popular as the early 2nd gens, but I have always like being a little different. You are right, you just don't see many of these cars. What the rust didn't get, the dirt tracks did.
                      I got lucky with this car. NO RUST ANYWHERE EVER! ;D
                      When taking the car apart, I found the build sheet. It started life in California and I am in Georgia. Super good body to start with for $900.00 at a swap meet.
                      Will sent more pics maybe tonight.
                      By the way, the color is Chrysler tangerine pearlcoat.
                      Don

Comment

I'll be the umpteenth person to add that the color looks great on the car.

Comment

nice color! you going to do stripes?

Comment

Heres a few more pics. I am in the process of modifing the bumpers. They will be painted body color and the rub strip is being replaced with 2" smooth black body side molding. The original rub strip sticks out 1" beyond the bumper and the molding is only 1/4 inch thick. The bumpers have been moved up around 1" and moved in about 2"

The wheels are Coys C-5s. 18x9.5 & 17x8 gray center. The car sits like a 4x4 now but hotchkis is next.
                            Don

Comment

It's amazing how much better the bumpers look on these after a little tuck work. Good job!

Comment

Working...
                              X