Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My B.O.S.-10

B.O.S. - its not a Piece of Shit, Its a Bucket FULL Of Shit - LOL

anyways, its a driver im playing with, a 1990 RusS-10 (oh i got all kinds of names for it)

2.5 4 cylinder with a 5 speed I got it for $500 and drove it home, been driving it for the past year now

heres what it looked like when it got home

and the interior - JOY !

Well after some new wheels and tires it started to look a lil better

hey i got that ugly ass seat recovered

I started sanding that ugly ass tony stewart orange paint job off that was poorly applied with a wagner power painter

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Re: My B.O.S.-10

this past weekend I decided to need to show my truck a lil love by doing a much needed mod to it, so I took this metal contraption

and decided to put it on the truck

a few hours later after some cutting grinding and welding it came out looking like this

Comment

there's much to love about that S10... I really like what you did with the seat - I may have to borrow the idea for my studebaker (which is on an s10 frame).
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

about the seat is a funny story - I was driving thru a suburb in houston that what some people would refer to as "ghetto" I was sitting at a light and noticed this old 2 bay gas station that was turned in an auto uhpolstery shop, the name I cant even spell or pronounce due to the fact im white and im in a hispanic neighbor hood, I stopped in cause i saw a familer hot rod sitting outside and wanted to check it out. Well after talking to the 1 person there who spoke english and getting a quote I decided to go back and get my seat done. I dropped it off friday morning, I got a call the next day saturday morning telling me my seat would be done around 2. With 250 bux cash in had CASH IS KING in that area I drove my truck home in comfort and been enjoying it ever since

Comment

I actually did some work to the B.O.S. to keep it going down the road a lil smoother

I tore into the front end in the driveway last weekend, with temps in the low 70s I took advantage of it. I replaced the front springs, shocks, and swap bar end links, yea nothing to exciting - sorry but looking at the springs, you can see what I swapped them out lol

Comment

I finally reached a breaking point with the ugliness of my truck and made a stop at walmart on the way home from work saturday afternnon to get some supplies to fix the problem.

So instead of going out and taking pics I spent a day and a half with the truck getting it to look like this, its far from perfect but its alot better than what it was

Comment

Well done , doing what you can with what you've got is the name of the game here . So you've c notched the rear , what are your plans ? .

Comment

this gets 2 thumbs up...this is MY kind of project...doing what you can, when you can, with what you got and with nothing more tha pocket and ash tray change. Freaking awesome!

I dig the other stuff here so much..but the down and dirty, beer budget project cars like this are what make me smile becasue I can relate to them.

Keep it up!
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

drop spindles, cut half a coil off the front springs and a 2 inch block in the rear, someday put airshocks on the rear and install my hydro set up on the front

Comment

In saying Airshocks do you mean Airride / Ride tech ? . Because there was no need to install a c-notch kit if all you were going to do is install 2" blocks .

Comment

Working...
                    X