X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '98 Mustang GT Project

Originally posted by min301
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
    So did you just use a standard 12v 6amp battery charger? Neat for small stuff.

(Wondering what I can find laying around here..... ;D)
    You being a rock scientist and all...I'm surprised you hadn't heard of it.
    Actually I had, but I will be surprised if 12volts was enough. I did a mini experiment like this in a physic's lab in college, and figured he may of used a welding machine or something.....
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by just_james
      Not sure Randal, it was one of the cheaper ones from an autoparts store. The one I planned to use had a built in safety feature (this is my best guess) that wouldn't let it discharge unless it was hooked up to a battery which was pulling power. Those engineers obviously didn't want me to have fun.
      But it definately was 12volts. Interesting.... I have a few old wrenches to play with.... Thanks for the refresher!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yes, just a 12v system. The biggest improvement was adding more anode surface area. In the lower pics, you can see that I wired in a second piece of rebar and that helped the reaction by giving it more area to flow. If I did it again, I'd try suspending it in the middle of a bunch of rebar or surrounded by mesh rebar. If you experiment with this further, please post or send me a message.

Comment

Bet if you get the electro chemistry right it would be better. That reaction could be sensative to the annode and the carrier salts in the water.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
          X