900 Dollar '84 Buick Grand National Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 900 Dollar '84 Buick Grand National Build

Check the for sale section of www.turbobuick.com for a HA turbo. They're aren't many upgrades so most of the stuff floating around seems to be stock but I don't go looking for HA stuff despite the vintage of my block. I'm running a later 86 top end.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
      Check the for sale section of www.turbobuick.com for a HA turbo. They're aren't many upgrades so most of the stuff floating around seems to be stock but I don't go looking for HA stuff despite the vintage of my block. I'm running a later 86 top end.
      3 steps ahead of you. I want to be doing burnouts by next weekend.

Comment

Good used turbo; $125 ;D
        Im in this thing stupid cheap.

Comment

That ROCKS!

Even cheaper than some of the power stroke turbo's I've been watching on fleebay.

Are those turbo's rebuildable without much hassle?

I hear an evil whining sound in your future! ;D
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Shoot a short vid of it running once you get the turbo replaced, would ya?

Hauling ass on the cheap speaks to me......especially if it's a GN(damn those loan adjusters...were it not for their ineptitude, I'd have had an '86 and saved it from being stuffed into an oak tree by some 16-y.o. twerp).

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
              That ROCKS!

Even cheaper than some of the power stroke turbo's I've been watching on fleebay.

Are those turbo's rebuildable without much hassle?

I hear an evil whining sound in your future! ;D
              Rebuilds start around 350 bucks, mine needs a new impeller, and pretty much everything so its cheaper to find a good used turbo to run and rebuild later.

Comment

Quick update;
                Got the injectors firing. I think they are all working. Its running like crap because of the turbo issue. I dont want to run it for much more than a few seconds because the turbo is on its deathbed. The new(used) turbo will be here tommorow and will go on tommorow night. Also have a good used steering column coming also, so I dont have to start it with a screwdriver anymore. Going to pickup some vacuum tube from napa tommorow and start redoing the vacuum lines.

I cant wait to test the computer shut-off in this car at 128mph. ;D

I think im up to 1100 bucks so far. Still doing good.

Comment

Any updates on this thing? A friend hooked up on an '84 GN several years ago, and even though the rear had already been swapped out for a peg-legger, it still put us back in the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by chryco63
                    Any updates on this thing? A friend hooked up on an '84 GN several years ago, and even though the rear had already been swapped out for a peg-legger, it still put us back in the seat.
                    No updates for a while now. Maybe he did 128mph and shot off into another dimension. :P

Comment

He went plaid?
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                      X