• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    Re: Road Race IROC Camaro

Originally posted by 88 Dippy
    i vote L67 3800 series II V6 but instead of the eaton M90 turbo it ;D
    Well sorta, start with a real F-body L36 and add the later Series III rods and L26 NA pistons and heads. Then put the turbo on it.

The NA compression ratio will make you less dependent on the turbo but not so high it'll be unusable. If you want better pistons, several vendors for the W-body sell them on the shelf in forged.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

there aren't any AI races nearby - all the stuff I've seen is SCCA solo (autocross), or true SCCA events at Pacific Raceway or Bremerton Speedway.

true about the torque arm - there are several ways around that....

Leave a comment:

• 88 Dippy
    replied

i vote L67 3800 series II V6 but instead of the eaton M90 turbo it ;D

Leave a comment:

• ecniv
    replied

Where do you want to run it? American Iron cars are bitchin, CMC is also cool. Check this out:

http://www.americanironracing.com/rules

I would say, pick a class, and build to the rulebook...

For transmission stuff, if you don't want to run a T-5 or T-56, you're going to need to figure out what to do with the torque arm.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
    Where are your turbo's from your blown up chevy?
    twas a b&m blower.... not a turbo... only forced air device I have now is my air compressor. ;D

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied

Where are your turbo's from your blown up chevy?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

hmmmm.... you have me thinking - I do have a 300 Buick sitting in my shop without a home ;D I also have some good heads, studs and other misc stuff for a 350 buick.... maybe a TPI 300 or 350 buick? naw... save that for a different project. I had a skyhawk with a turbo v-6 in it (blow through out of a regal) and I really liked driving that car....

the blower is in a good place - someone else's car. I sold it to buy the 455 (indirectly). I got tired of having to put the belt back on that stupid thing.... its final straw was coming off on a test drive to a good buyer (that is, one who showed me the cash).

Leave a comment:

• cantvalve16
    replied

I voted for using the 305, but when that goes, it would be cool to put a budget 350 together with a Victor style intake on it with bigger injectors running through the old TPI computer. Oh.. or put your mini blower on the 305 with a carb and let 'er rip.

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied

I voted Buick 231 Turbo but I'm actually more with TSB on the Buick 350 with or without a turbo. If you truely want to do some work, get a 3800 Series II out of a later 95-98 F-body and use it. It's lighter, a bit more robust, and a smaller package. Put a turbo on that and set it way way back.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied

I vote 350, BUICK 350! Just like the V6 but two more cylinders and no split journals ;D After all, you're a "BuickGuy" ;) ;D

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied

I vote v6 buick, because I'm sick and like to follow along as all the intricacies are figured out....

;D

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

It's here, now it's time to bench race this thing.

Inspiration is coming from the turbo mustang.... I'm thinking a turbo 231 buick powered scca car.... or would I be happier with LS power or just a solid build 350.... thoughts? In any case this will be a knuckle dragger - 4 spd T-10 or similar....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Originally posted by BigBlockRanger
    Ohh neat a GM fox body build!
    complete with Fox power tows ;D

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

Ohh neat a GM fox body build!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

it means the chinese are trying to get into hot rodding by selling diesel filters to americans ;D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X