Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shaggin Wagon Project

Must have been something wrong to do a burnout then

Only time she's ever been able to do a burnout was when the vacuum lines were cracked enough to make the 4WD not work
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

The Eagle wagon I use to sneak out for joy rides was an 86 or 87. It didn't have permanent all-wheel drive. I think these cars are really cool! Looking forward to updates!

Comment

Originally posted by throttle monkey
        The Eagle wagon I use to sneak out for joy rides was an 86 or 87. It didn't have permanent all-wheel drive. I think these cars are really cool! Looking forward to updates!
        One of the later ones with Select Trac then. I'm getting quite serious about finding me a wagon in not horrid shape....
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Yeah, only 80s and some 81s were only available with permanent 4WD, in 82 Select-Drive became standard on all Eagles

tomorrow, weather permitting, I'll be replacing the other axle, and if I have time, the right rear wheel bearing, which apparently, is a major pain in the ass

Comment

Yesterday I had my whole day planned around changing the front left half shaft, was going to do the wheel bearing, but the parts store was closed, and Advance didn't have the tool I was looking for (I think it is called a Hub Tamer?)
            Well, long story short, I got it replaced in less than an hour, and 2 tubs of gojo later, I had nothing to do but wash and wax her, and remove the hubcaps to detail them, and try to stop the clicking the front right is making (I didn't succeed in that)

Comment

When is it clicking? Constantly, while turning, accelerating or braking?

Comment

she doesn't click anymore, but it was while steering and accelerating at the same time, now she just has that God awful grinding whine

Comment

Well, last week I worked every day, so I just let my mechanic do the wheel bearing on the Eagle, ran me $160 (was 171.oo, but he didn't feel like breaking another $20) Apparently I'm one of the few who pay in cash

I also replaced all 4 speakers today, just got out of the shower and haven't driven her with them yet, though at even the slightest hint of bass in the song, they go pah, and you can hear my turn signals through them, and my engine running makes the humm, has since I owned her, got worse when I replaced my headlight switch back in VA with BigBuds1, but with the new speakers you can hear it louder

I think I have a bad ground somewhere, I'll figure it out when I get my new Kraco AM/FM 8-Track installed

I hate wiring, I don't have the most patience

Comment

I bought a gauge package at the AMC show the other day, doesn't quite fit, I think it may be for a Spirit or Concord, I think I'll wire it in and just leave it there anyway (even if it doesn't work), I can't bring myself to cut it to make it fit correctly.

I also got to the air shocks today, much easier than I thought it would be
                    here are the new shocks

And the passenger old shock, still had a lot of, errr, springiness? to it, but I had to crush it to hold it still and take the bolt off the top of it.
                    The trash men were here and I wanted to get rid of them, so I threw them in the can before taking a picture of both of them, I don't think it matters though, we've all seen old shocks before

I had to mount the drivers side shock with the air hookup pointing out, the exhaust pipe would have been right in the way

I pumped it up as much as I could at home, then I drove to the flying j to do it right, though it has no gauge on the one there (hey, it's one of the last free air places) a guy pulled up behind me to fill up a donut, I was almost done, and I guess I didn't tighten one of the ends enough, so it popped off and the guy had the shit scared out of him thinking the car was collapsing on me

Look at all the new ground clearance

And she feels so much better, it's amazing what a few degrees in stance can make

Comment

Got the new rad in, only to remember when I was cleaning everything up, that I forgot to put the shroud in

Comment

perfect ;)
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                        X