??? 70 chevelle???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ??? 70 chevelle???

How about a 5.3/4 speed auto combo out of a Silverado? My Silverado gets over 20 on the highway if I take it easy and it is quite a bit heavier than that Chevelle and is about as aerodynamic as a brick.

Comment

Im think i like the gas mileage part. Whats do you think the cost (used) of a late model small block chevy with trans and computer are. Although the caddy sounds sweet also. My buddie had one in the 04 pump gas drags and ran very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by usmlsmk
        Im think i like the gas mileage part. Whats do you think the cost (used) of a late model small block chevy with trans and computer are. Although the caddy sounds sweet also. My buddie had one in the 04 pump gas drags and ran very strong.
        My buddy purchased a brand new LS2 from a local chevy dealer for 3800 bucks, scored a computer and harness off ebay for 200 (if I remeber right) he added long tubes, some cam, and a custom program on the computer...it is hooked up to a Tremek 5spd and it is enough to make my butt hole pucker when he gets into it..and it knocks down 20mpg on the highway...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Others have said pontiac or caddy, so I am going to say put a FORD mod motor in it. If you could get one of the new 5.0 32 value engines they should get good mileage and are rated at 412 hp.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
          X