No announcement yet.

Finally Done! just a few more to go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Done! just a few more to go....

if done is a "reality term" this is it... outside of deciding on wheter i'm hiding a radio that i ran all the wires for and have hidden under the dash, and perhaps NOS sill plates if i ever find them... this is it... a dragged out alomst 3 year ordeal, interrupted by 5 other resto projects of different levels... its done, and has been out the past 2 days- in public view- for the first time since '68, and now just a little prettier.

Re: Finally Done! just a few more to go....

She's gorgeous beyond words, Jim! A very commendable effort on your part. :o ;D
    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

VERY cool. I'm not big on Continental kits but to each his own. You just don't see a lot of mid-fifties Lincolns. I'm guessing they weren't big sellers at the time so there's less stock to start with.

I agree - great job!

Dan

Comment

Excellent craftsmanship.... WOW!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

man that is nice, I could just imagine driving something like that back in the day pulling up in front of the sands motel in vegas looking like a gangster
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Gorgeous car. Late 50's finned converts are the coolest cruising cars. That continental kit is the biggest I've ever seen. It could double as a swim deck on a cruise liner.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Wow! I usually don't much care for yellow, but it just looks so good on that car! Great job!

Comment

that is bitching
                terry

Comment

Holy sharkfin suits and cheap sunglasses.......that thing is *@#! amazing!

Yup, looks ready for a Vegas roadtrip.

Have fun with the SS Lincoln......man, that's a LOT of yellow paint, but it looks GOOD on it.

Comment

Friggin' hell.....that thing is AWESOME.

Nice car man!
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

thanks dfor all the compliments... it was a long process, had many interruptions and finding some key items took a while!

to cover some questions and comments... it just shy of 21ft long! SS lincoln is right.... yelow.... that took a total of 8 qts of urethane base and little over 2 gallons of clear in the end, door jambs, underside and inside of trunk, underhood, and just the flat out square footage of the body... its the 3rd or 4th largest passenger car produced- after the next gen lincs and 57-60 caddys.
                      there's not alot of info on these cars, but the little i've accrued- they produced 4,676 convertibles [only premiers] in 57, by mid-year they were order-only models. the continental kit is a factory issue- approx 250 converts we so equipped, the non-numbers research i did googling photos, contacting a fomoco/lincoln club member, etc... i've accrued that mine is one of 8 show-worthy 57 premier droptops left... i optimistically figure there are probably a good 20 out there - which would include under construction or not-yet-discovered finds.... they aren't "out there".... i've had this one for about or a little over 3 yrs... in that time only 2 were recorded sold, one older resto - private sale, for 89,000... and the other at Mecum, a pristine example in a rare color, for 226,000 the orig sale price by some sources show as low as $5800, others quote upwards to 10,000..... which equates to the like of an AMG SL55 convt by todays' standards.... [ the base price of a 57 plymouth was in the high 1800s and a 57 chevy base prive was closer to 1700 for comparison]

figure as in the case of other specialty vehicles, my 57 fury awaiting resto is #48 of 61 or 62 on the golden fin registry- CHS figures say 74 are out there... mine s the only on the GFS with factory a/c....so that counts for even more "specialness"....thats another one i dont plan to let go of....

it will get doen after the other 57 linc that just got into my body shop last week, then the 61 chrysler conv't, then the L78 chevelle, then the fury... maybe... i know i'll end up doing something else in between... but as of now- no more customer-resto's... not untul the 2 here are done and all of mine are finished!

Comment

DAMN SON! can't wait to see it. hopefully that will happen soon. Hope to get down to the farm in the near future. Still need to discuss with you my wagon ideas.

Comment

Working...
                        X