No announcement yet.

Rebeldryver's '70 Caprice Granny's Luxo-Muscle-Barge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course it is sad it is being taken apart!
    But then you saved it from a junk yard before and gave it a new life..
    Wish I could have been able to buy it myself.. One day... Maybe...
    There is just something sweet about a big car that moves with a slight depression og the go pedal..

Comment

• If I sell my Chevelle, the new owner may do whatever he (or she) pleases with it. The only reservation I would have is if a dad wanted to buy it for his young (inexperienced) driver... I'd tell him I want to keep my motor, then throw a stockish 350 in it. I'd sleep better at night.
      That is why I was saying earlier, when you were rebuilding the engine, not to go too high performance with it if it was going to cost much extra... it may not increase the sale value of the car. The new owner may want it bone stock, just running perfectly, or he may want it higher performance than it was built. It's a crap shoot when spending money on anything intended to be a flip.
      Congrats on the sale! I can't wait to see the progress reports on the 65's paint job.

Comment

• Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
        If I sell my Chevelle, the new owner may do whatever he (or she) pleases with it. The only reservation I would have is if a dad wanted to buy it for his young (inexperienced) driver... I'd tell him I want to keep my motor, then throw a stockish 350 in it. I'd sleep better at night.
        That is why I was saying earlier, when you were rebuilding the engine, not to go too high performance with it if it was going to cost much extra... it may not increase the sale value of the car. The new owner may want it bone stock, just running perfectly, or he may want it higher performance than it was built. It's a crap shoot when spending money on anything intended to be a flip.
        Congrats on the sale! I can't wait to see the progress reports on the 65's paint job.
        I also was never emotionally invested in the car. Over the last two years, I have looked at '65 Impalas, Bel Airs, Biscaynes, a 66 Caprice coupe, and even a 69 Impala fastback to shove all the goodies in the Caprice into. None of them were worth the time and work to me.

I never wanted to invest a ton of time and money into this car because I was never a big fan of the body style 1970.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Sounds like a perfect ending to the story. Best that it goes to someone who is a fan of the breed. Can't wait to see a great Evening Orchid paint job! (Or is that Evening Orchard.... ?)

Dan

Comment

• Perfect story ending :D

Comment

• I agree with the folks above, you saved it from the crusher so it could be a donor.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                Sounds like a perfect ending to the story. Best that it goes to someone who is a fan of the breed. Can't wait to see a great Evening Orchid paint job! (Or is that Evening Orchard.... ?)

Dan
                I don't know. It's a fru-fru flower name that no manly man knows what the heck it is.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

I don't know. It's a fru-fru flower name that no manly man knows what the heck it is.
                  Dan, while wearing a tu-tu seems to know...

Comment

• The import thing is your happy. I hate it when someone wants to sell you something and then dictate what you can and can not do with it once you own it.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Already traded the wheels to a friend. I got a set of 15 5 spokes for winter driving, if necessary. Josh's '63 Impala looks so much meaner with the monster tires and wheels under it.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Reminds me of my brother's 63 he had back in the early 70's. 2 door, same color, black interior, 2 bbl 283 & PG.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                          Reminds me of my brother's 63 he had back in the early 70's. 2 door, same color, black interior, 2 bbl 283 & PG.
                          This one is a factory 250 hp 327 with Muncie 4 speed. Very rare for a non-SS. Has the same engine as my GMC.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I thought I saw the 327 badge. Cool car. I remember when I was a little kid and my cousin showed up with his new 425hp 409 SS 63 Imp. I still remember the wonderful sounds that car made!
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                            X