Blazer rear window crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blazer rear window crank

When I bought the Blazer two and a half years ago, it had a new rear window crank installed. Six months later, the lock cyl got stuck, so I had it drilled out at a locksmith shop. Can't lock it anymore... eh, whatever. I don't lock the doors anyway. (I'd rather have someone open the door to steal stuff than break a window)
    Lately, the window crank has been skipping. I've had to push on it to roll the window up and down. Yesterday, the window crank stopped working... free spin in both directions.
    I crawled over the seats with the cordless drill and flashlight to take the access panel off and investigate. I found smallish broken parts inside... so I just ordered a bunch of new stuff from lmc truck to fix her up.

I noticed that the curved gears of the window regulator aren't in sync. There are curved notches on them that allow you access to the bolts that unbolt the window crank, only one at a time lines up. The window has never rolled all the way up. It stops just as it touches the upper weatherstripping, not going into it to actually "seal".

Do I need to re-align those regulator gears? If so, how?

Re: Blazer rear window crank

Crap.
    It's supposed to rain shortly, and a lot this weekend.. (it just started)... I digress. The rear window was stuck about 4" open, so I started taking things apart to figure out how to raise it. I had to unbolt the window from the regulator and slide it out of the way, then unbolt the regulator and remove it, then unbolt the crank handle and remove it. On my first order, I didn't think I needed the crank handle itself, but that's the part that actually failed.I just called LMC truck, and they couldn't add it to my existing order... but they waived the shipping on this seperate order.

Until I get my new parts, I have a hole in the tailgate where the handle goes... oh well, at least I can use a wrench to open and close the window.

I greased up the moving parts while I had them out so the window operates more smoothly from now on... but cranked all the way up, the window still doesn't go into the weatherstripping. I guess I have more tinkering to do next week when the new parts arrive.

Comment

This is you emergency fix , sorry I can't do better but 'it's been 20 yrs since I've been inside one of those doors.push it up and stick a board cut to length .

Comment

Glad to see you have found LMC.Was gonna write that they had the parts ;D.

I can see 2 things that wont let you raise the window.

1.Tha weather strippinng is too narrow or bent.

2.The window raising mechanism is broken at some point.

And are the two wheel drive Blazers called C10?.Guess thats because they are lighter than the K5.

Comment

Had a similar issue with my 'burban...went to the junk yard and got all "new" parts and swapped them over.....IT was all F'd up, the arms were bent, the wheels were worn to small for the tracks....IT was easier to remove and replace

Comment

Working...
          X