X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Fairlane GT

This is my Fairlane GT ´66 8)

I finally figured out how to post pictures on this forum,so here goes ;D
    I am a 42 yers old guy from Iceland and have been working as a bodyman rebuilding wrecked cars for 26 years.I have been around dragracing since I was a teen and compeeted from time to time.Last time I compeeted full season was in ´96 when I drove a Toyota Celica with 351 Cleveland engine for a friend of mine.It was turning some mid 11´s.I have not had so many projects of my own trough time,The last one being a ´67 Falcon that I bracket raced in the eighties and sold unfinished.I met my wife almost 18 years ago and through the years we have been involved in all kinds of motorsports here in Iceland as tech. inspectors,event directors and so on.Time came we had enaugh off all this and started having kids ;),but in the back of my mind I always wanted a car to have in my garage to work on.As a Ford guy(my first car was a ´69 LTD 2dr HT 390 FE) I had to have you know,,,Ford!But my dream car was nowhere to be found in the country.I ditn´t want a Mustang,everybody has them,Fairmont,,neeaahh,Bronco,,,not good for dragracing :-\All I wanted was a Fairlane-´66 or ´67 Fairlane,two door,,HARDTOP!!My 40th birthday was fast aproaching and either I have a great wife or she was tired of hearing me crying myself to sleep at nights for that lacking of a car,but anyways ,she talked my family and friends into teaming up with her and giving me that damn car for my birthday.I was one surpriced dude at my birtdayparty whene I was informed that I was the owner of a 1966 Fairlane GT 390 cid,only promlem was,the car was still in Norfolk,USA waiting to be shipped over here.When the car finally arrived it was like many of the cars that have been bought on e-bay and brought over here-not as described.It had (and has)lots and lots of rust,bondo,dirt and grime----BUT,instead of the old 390 was a 428 cobra jet engine and lots of nostalgic racing stuff.It is obvius that this was a racecar long time ago,,I´m happy with that,old racecars are my main interest.Im gona race the car as much as I can while I restore it and have fun that way to.Here´s some more info:"´69"428cj,c-6 trans "full manual"2500 stallspeed converter,Hooker´s,old cobra le-mans valvecovers from shelby american inc.,PI intake and holley 750vac."9"bigtube rearend with 31 spline axles and no-spin/deitroit locker,ladderbars,tied frame,shaved shocktowers and probably some more I forget.

Re: My Fairlane GT

NICE! any more pics?

Comment

What he said, pics and more info. what engine, tranny combo you running? 1/4 mile times? Sweet looking Fairlane, I wish it was in my garage.

Nik

Comment

Thank you guys!I took the car 1run down the 1/4,more as a baseline than anything else.Everything was out of line,timing,carb.,old airfilter,tires worn out and after the run the trans was stuck in third gear!!!Anyway the car clocked 13,613@100,6 mph,2,25 60ft with easing it wery carefully off the line.With everything in order I would hope to se high 12´s

Comment

Hey man,

Your car is bad ass. Neat to have a fellow car junkie from Iceland!

Where's the strip up there?

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Hi!
            The strip is located ca.10 miles south of Reykjavik(the capital)near Hafnarfjordur.

Comment

I think the best thing about Iceland is the names of your cities.

I sprained my tongue trying to pronounce the name of the place that the strip is near.

Just kidding....great car and great people up there!

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

that fairlane is a beautiful thing. I miss my old 65.

Comment

I'm mostly a GM fan, but I'd love to own one of these Fairlanes. Post some more ETs when everything is tuned up.

Comment

Fords, not my favorite but i've owned a few, i always liked the Fairlane styling and Red is my color. your car looks good, and i hope you enjoy the tuning process. 13.6 is a pretty decent time for a street car, the most important thing is to have Fun.

Comment

Looks great!! I love '66-'67 Fairlanes, my buddy had one for his first car and we had a great time with it. My next door neighbor had a white one with the green stipe down the rockers, I was only 6 or 7 but I remember how it sounded.

Great job and good luck with it!

Comment

Great Choice! I love Fairlane's. 8) 8)
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I love it!

Comment

Nice looking ride, those stripes make the Car.

Comment

I've wanted to go to iceland for the thorri festival for a long time. Good to know I can find at least one car junkie there if I make it.

Comment

Working...
                              X