'69 Dart project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '69 Dart project

Those '68, '69 Darts are my favorite years of those lil Mopars. Simple, clean lines. I really like the direction you are going here. Cool car.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Ditto on what Reb said. I love that style. I'm a sucker for the chrome rims...wonder when those will come back? I remember in the mid 70's I worked with a guy who had a 68 GTS with a 340 and 727. I thought that was IT and still do. I loved the story how he told me how he out ran the cops one night when he was 17 doing 4 wheel drifts on turns :

Even though I'm a pretty die hard Ford guy one of those would be on a short bucket list ;D
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

My first hot rod was a 69 Swinger 340.T5 bronze,727 and 3.91s.Damn I drove the piss out of that car ;D If i could find one like it again my RoadRunner would be down the road.

Comment

http://jalopnik.com/#!5785914/1969-dodge-dart-swinger-has-a-ton-and-a-half-of-go

Comment

The Dart progress was about to pick up because I have collected quite a few parts but I also picked up a '69 Road Runner so now the Dart is on the back burner till it get the Road Runner all squared away. Here's a few pics of the '69 RR

Comment

cool. i have a 69 dart swinger 431 727 and dana 60, i recently sold a 67 dart 2 dr sedan that i mini tubbed and mocked up with a 400 727 and fresh dana 60. it needed a lot of work still and i didnt really want to invest the time and money, and lost intrest in a mostly strip, little street car with a kid on the way. i just finished my 74 duster conversion, mild 400 viper six speed and ford 8.8". 12s are easily reached with a mild big block a body, a lot of variables, but still easy to obtain. i like the period your going for, but i probably wouldnt put fenderwell headers on of my cars even if some one gave them to me. im not really crazy about the chopped out quarters either.

Comment

Got quite a few parts gathered up for the Dart and I picked up some old 14x10 US Indy mags for the Dart yesterday. I am going to put some L60's on them but not sure what I am doing up front, need to get the motor/headers in first to see how close the headers are to the tires.

I am planning on getting the 400 going in the next few weeks and putting it in the RoadRunner and pulling the 440 out of the Road Runner and sticking it in the Dart. The 440 is a pretty stout motor, 11.5:1, .600/.600 solid lifter, Holley 850dp, port matched/polished intake/heads, 3500 stall. This set up runs in the mid 11's in the RoadRunner with 4.56:1, it will be fun to see what it does in the Dart.

Last edited by grancuda; August 26, 2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Nice finds!
                  Id leave the custom side molding on the dart if it were mine. Agree with CTX on prepping the motor. Definitely prime the thing with a oil pump drive on a drill motor before turning it over if you dont disassemble it. HP? high 300s to mid 400s with the mild camshaft possibly. Roller lifters (hydrauli or solid) and cams are easy to drop in but require link style roller lifter pairs with unmodified lifter bores (400.00 or so a set) and different pushrods. Comp has em as does/did Crane. Crane had a couple roller grinds with cast iron gears to avoid having to use the bronze gear drive, which I would reccomend. Youll need a thrust bearing on the front of the cam/timing cover as well to finish the conversion. Where are you finding these nice Mopar rides?
                  BKB
                  www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                  Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
                    Nice finds!
                    Id leave the custom side molding on the dart if it were mine. Agree with CTX on prepping the motor. Definitely prime the thing with a oil pump drive on a drill motor before turning it over if you dont disassemble it. HP? high 300s to mid 400s with the mild camshaft possibly. Roller lifters (hydrauli or solid) and cams are easy to drop in but require link style roller lifter pairs with unmodified lifter bores (400.00 or so a set) and different pushrods. Comp has em as does/did Crane. Crane had a couple roller grinds with cast iron gears to avoid having to use the bronze gear drive, which I would reccomend. Youll need a thrust bearing on the front of the cam/timing cover as well to finish the conversion. Where are you finding these nice Mopar rides?
                    BKB
                    I am going to just leave the 400 with the cam that is in it and run some comp cams additive for the zdp.

I found both of these on craigslist. The Dart up in Kansas and the Road Runner just 30 mi north of where I live.

Comment

Working...
                    X