1971 Duster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1971 Duster

Here is a new project I just picked up for $2,500, it is a slant six....it's actually kinda fun to drive. No plans as of yet.

Re: 1971 Duster

No pic. I bet it's nice. How's DF's old Satellite?
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I would change the hub caps and drive the wee out of it...I love green....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
        No pic. I bet it's nice. How's DF's old Satellite?
        It is up around Muncie now, I've always had '71-'72 B-bodies and I just wanted something different. All thing considered this car is it's equal...good solid starting point. I like green and you can go fast on the small block budget.

Comment

Very Slick

I like it...

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Here is some enabling. ;D I m seriously thinking about doing some like ths turbo slant six.You go first. ;D

Comment

My friend has almost the exact car, just plaid interior and rust.

Comment

That thing is CLEAN! Can't beat that for $2500! One cool idea for the slant-6 would be set of new carbs. Multiple Webers would be sweet. You plan on daily-driving it?

Comment

i actualy like the hub caps on it lol

Comment

slots or cragars, new rear springs to give it just a bit of a higher in the rear stance, and drive it like crazy.

A turbo would of course be wickedtastic.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I imagine some elderly school teacher ordered it new, I decoded the tag and the options are; black sport stripe (she must have felt racy) AM radio and A/C. Strangely, I like it just the way it is and I think I'll just drive it this summer, but I do agree that the rear needs a little lift and some wheels and tires.

Only bad thing, it's so quite I'm liable to forget it's running, close the barn door and put the Boy's pet rooster asleep...for those familiar with my cat post. :-X

Comment

I had a grade school teacher with a red duster.... so I imagine your thoughts probably are pretty close. It would be tough to convince your kid it was another "accident" with a 2nd pet within as many days..... ;) maybe wait a week or two
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I really liked the Satellite but I'm glad you've found a great successor for a project.

At $2500 that was a steal of a deal! The car looks mint! :o

Comment

It's for sure a nice car but it ain't perfect. It has the original paint so there are rock chips, dings and a dent in the tail panel...you know, a 40 year old car. The interior is real nice, new carpet and it is done...not even one crack on the dash.

Comment

I took a few pics while cleaning out the trunk today, the odometer only shows 66, 590 miles. Since it has the original (I think) poly-glass spare tire I believe it.

and after clean up.

Comment

Working...
                              X