No announcement yet.

Rusted beast (66 chevy C10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So.. It's been a while on this one. I am going out next week to see some friends and do a little work on the old girl. This is about how I left her.

Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Soooo... I am finally going to go and get the truck. The plan as it was last year fly into MT on the 21st Work on the truck the weekend. Hang with friends. Hit the road on Tuesday to my friends place north of Omaha. Hang in Omaha for the Wednesday. Hit the road to the ECTA event in Ohio for the weekend. Monday a short little 8 hr drive to home base in Annapolis.

The UV has really taken a toll on the bright red top. I might rename the truck pinkey. Got to replace the radiator and the gas tank with an under bed mount tank. The old one is really ewwww with rust and is in the cab with me. other than that it is just little things to fix/play with.

Steve
      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Guess I didn't put pictures up from the last visit.

Put new rims and tires under it

Had exhaust put on.

Put some temporary upholstery in.

Steve

Comment

Like the upholstery for the bench, keep up the good work.
          "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

beater trucks rule!
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              Nice truck. I was cruising through CL last night looking at 63 to 72 Chevy and Ford trucks. They are giving them away here. $1000 will get you a driver and $2500 will get one with many new parts.
              I have been looking at the LA CL I want this. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...268345234.html Would not last one day here
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                I have been looking at the LA CL I want this. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...268345234.html Would not last one day here
                Why not?
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I guess I was unclear. Ad was posted on the 12th cars like that normally sell the day they are posted around here. If its as good as it looks.....
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    I guess I was unclear. Ad was posted on the 12th cars like that normally sell the day they are posted around here. If its as good as it looks.....
                    Ah. I understand. Those are a dime a dozen around here. It would sell faster if it was a runner. Cali's economy still sucks thanks to dunbass state govt so people just dont have a lot of disposable income for projects. The swap meets are full of tire kickers for cars. Parts sellers are dealing with low ballers.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott
                      This is typical of the 60-66 trucks

Not that my truck is any better but I paid $500 and spent too much.

The 8000 truck says built from ground up. I guess they missed the rockers.

Steve

Comment

Well..... Half the truck is back. Smoked motor in the good truck, a stupid rented uhaul, the parts truck and all the pieces parts are in the drive way. The good truck is road side in Ohio on near the West Virgina border. Thanks in no small part to some heroics by Russel and his dad yesterday. I also have to thank Joe and his whole crew for waiting for me to get my stuff figured out. Keith for his quick response on the phone tree.

Full story soon I have to go to work to pay for this..... detour

Steve

Comment

ah man - sorry to hear of the trouble, I guess this is why normal people cop out and buy new junk.

Looking forward to reading about the adventure. I was feeling sorry for your back looking at that bench seat - I like the blanket - was hoping there was some good foam and decent springs under it.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Steve - Are you saying you didn't make it home after all the miles you drove it? BUMMER! I thought you had a rusty but reliable cruiser and the body bits to fix it. Sorry to have bugged out on you - Truck could have hauled the whole deal easily. But I did make my Doc appointment.

Dan

Comment

Every thing is home sweet home.

Dan this falls into the "who knew?" category. You saw the truck ran really well around Wilmington. One hour on the road and a rod gets vocal.

It had enough power to get on the trailer yesterday but it certainly was not happy.

Steve

Comment

You wanted to tear down and rebuild another engine didn't ya? What else ya gonna do this winter? ;-)
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X