heres my rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: heres my rides

the interior i was thinking of keeping it simple by installing new headliner, aluminum door panels painted wrinkle black, refurbish the dash with some aftermaket gauges, instead of carpet im going to install rubber flooring. also a 10 point roll cage.

Comment

How do the door panels look now? Are they black? Are they for sale? :P

I'm doing about the same thing on the bu-hog, but just a six point and bare floor with factory buckets and a panel to get rid of the back seat.

Can't wait to see how it turn out!
      Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
        How do the door panels look now? Are they black? Are they for sale? :P

I'm doing about the same thing on the bu-hog, but just a six point and bare floor with factory buckets and a panel to get rid of the back seat.

Can't wait to see how it turn out!
        i tore those things out a long time ago. when i bought the car it was origianly from new mexico so it had very little rust but all the rubber and interior was dry rotted and trashed. so i gutted it and put some cheap racing buckets in it (im changing those out for better ones).

Comment

my cutlass shares a similar patina,i think the satin gray would look great ,i had thought of a satin finish myself just to be different,what size tires and wheels are you running?

Comment

well heres some new pics.

heres the underside

Comment

Very cool, I thought quite seriously about leaving my Buick dark grey primer.... perhaps it will be again (slight carnage which requires bodywork). I do hope that you include in the mentioned scaring small children, old ladies, and splinter seekers - that you set of car alarms within a 5 block radius ;)
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nothing wrong with SBC power in another GM, sure is alot more affordable. i'm considering a SBC in my Olds. Nice car! Love the wheels and tires.
                61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

If you are thinking satin black, this VW is painted with Dupont Hot Hues "Hot Rod Black"
                  This is the color my 1940 Ford will be painted (some day).
                  It has a lot more gloss than a flat, but has a really nice satin look!!

Comment

Love the style. I think the stock car/vintage race car vibe is where it's at.

I especially like the suspension upgrades and Aero steelies. What's the ride like with the drop, springs, and swaybars?

Another question for ya, what's the tire width up front (255?), it looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach-1

I especially like the suspension upgrades and Aero steelies. What's the ride like with the drop, springs, and swaybars?

i havent driven it yet with the suspension upgrades.
                      245 up front and 255 out back

Comment

Originally posted by Mach-1

Mine has 235/50 in the front and 295/50 in the back. It rides great. It has Hotchkis springs/B-Body spindles in the front (with the upgraded brakes). I also put tubular upper a-arms and boxed the lowers myself. The rear - I boxed the control arms, left the rubber bushings in and added a sway bar. Right after I finished (as if it will ever be finished) the suspension I was putting about looking for trouble and a Jetta was poking along in front of me and I got the chance to pass him on the inside.... I'll never forget the look on his face I know he wasn't expecting my old car to stomp his on a corner.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thanks for the info 72Beast. I didn't realize you haven't driven the beast yet, I look forward to the updates when you do.

Also, thanks Stoneshrink for the input on the suspension upgrades. I've got an A-body in the works ('71 Monte) and I'm trying to see what upgrades I'd like to do first.

Comment

You car looks so lovably bad ass!

Comment

love the '65 Imp. Perfect stance & right amount of patina.
                              1990 Chevrolet 454SS Pickup - 2 time Power Tour participant (2002 & 2007), Long Hauler in 2007
                              1966 Pontiac GTO Hardtop - 3x2, 4speed fully restored with some mods
                              1996 Chevrolet K2500 Ext Cab/Short Bed

Comment

Working...
                              X