spiff's new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    Block and heads are at the machine shop. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge coming!!

Looking forward to this! I miss Fury Jim's posts, get him back.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Trans parts are here. Reverse manual valve body( lots of button pushing!) ultimate bolt in sprag, billet drum, 4.2 lever, deep pan. Also going to need to upgrade to a Dana, but that will be over the winter, those suckers are expensive!
      58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

• Temporary Engine going in for Carlisle and summer driving while stroker gets done.

58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

• Fender wells were body worked smooth, sanded and painted. welded up all unused holes. removed battery tray and associated hardware.

Comment

• Major Dan to Ground Control:

Lt. Spiff's newest rocket ship is looking great. I suggest a promotion.......

Dan

Comment

• What's going in for the time being? Spiff, the Market Cross pub has great food, on Hanover street. http://www.marketcrosspub.com/
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• .040 440, 906 heads cleanup, block and heads milled to get 9.5.1 with pistons we are using, lunati bracket master 2 cam, .480/.480, 292/292, 109 lsa.
                rpm intake, 850 holley. should be a nice street engine.

Comment

• billet drum, ultimate bolt in sprag, kolene clutches, rev manual pushbutton valve body.

Comment

• 58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

• XLNT, Spiff! Love the "413" callouts on the VC's. I remember when a 413 was a BIG engine. And the right MOPAR green color to boot.

Dan

Comment

• so, after the stroker not getting done yet, i had a punched .040 over, crank cut 10/10, decked lined honed, cleaned and new springs installed. get it back together, go to drop the lifters in, and 8 out of 16 lifter bores are oversized from the factory, so that's what that little diamond on the id pad means....... which that was check before hand. anyway, with 1,600 into an engine that is now useless, i got this "rebuilt and broken in" 440 for $1,500 bucks. looks to have been honed, crank cut and put back together, and has a small cam of unknown specs. so, get it in, fires right up, no smoke, no death noises.
                        Back out of the garage, and oil on the floor. take it for a test ride, look like a crop duster, but not from the exhaust....
                        get it up on the lift, rear main is puking. Pull the pan, look at rear main, old style rope seal. put in new rear main, get it back together. let it run, no leaks. Take it for a ride, more smoke. Pull over, oil leaks again. back onto the lift, pull pan, pull rear main seal, notice crank looks polished in area of seal, clock the seal a little to see what happens. get it back together, still leaking, but not as bad as it was. guess i'll just carry oil and keep an eye on it.
                        CARLISLE OR BUST!!
                        Still need to make a heater block off for the fire wall, secure the battery in it's new location, and change the master cylinder, ands she's done for now.

Comment

• A good machine shop can bush those lifter bores. Or you could order up custom lifters though I suspect they'd take a while to get.

Good luck with the "new" engine.

Dan

Comment

• new number pattern for the buttons.

Comment

• 58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X