X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    Major Dan to Ground Control:

Lt. Spiff's newest rocket ship is looking great. I suggest a promotion.......

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Spaceman Spiff
    replied
    Fender wells were body worked smooth, sanded and painted. welded up all unused holes. removed battery tray and associated hardware.

Leave a comment:

• Spaceman Spiff
    replied
    Temporary Engine going in for Carlisle and summer driving while stroker gets done.

Leave a comment:

• Spaceman Spiff
    replied
    Trans parts are here. Reverse manual valve body( lots of button pushing!) ultimate bolt in sprag, billet drum, 4.2 lever, deep pan. Also going to need to upgrade to a Dana, but that will be over the winter, those suckers are expensive!

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    Block and heads are at the machine shop. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge coming!!

Looking forward to this! I miss Fury Jim's posts, get him back.

Leave a comment:

• Spaceman Spiff
    replied
    Block and heads are at the machine shop. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge coming!!

Leave a comment:

• Spaceman Spiff
    replied
    need to use a 64/65 cable shift trans.
    FuryJim is working on a cable setup to use a more torqueflight in these.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Spiff - Showing my ancient MOPAR ignorance. Will the pushbuttons only work with cast iron case TorqueFlite or will the system work on the newer ones? Guess I know next to nothing about the pushbutton system.

MANY moons ago I remember seeing a drag car with a sheetmetal column coming out of the floor in about the location where a 4-speed shifter would be. On top of that column was a set of pushbuttons. I thought that was SO cool!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Spaceman Spiff
    replied
    Caveman!! what's good? Blew another head gasket.
    Full reverse pattern and pushbuttons!!

Leave a comment:

• Caveman Tony
    replied
    Hey Spiff - long time, no talk. Good to hear from ya.

What finally killed the 413? It was only a couple years old right?

And is that push-button gonna be FULL manual? Your fingers are gonna be busy brutha.

Leave a comment:

• Spaceman Spiff
    replied
    The 413 gave up the ghost, so this winter she's goin under the knife for a 512 inch stroker. and getting a/c as well. a new trans with a reverse manual valve body( still keeping the push buttons!) and a new fuel system. not putting a tire on her, as i don't want to scatter the 8 3/4, and prolly won't be able to afford aDana till late next year, with all the other things getting done.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Looks way better than with the Welds, love it!

Leave a comment:

• BKBridges
    replied
    looks freaking awesome spaceman spiff! Chromes are perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Spaceman Spiff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Wow, I haven't seen chrome rims in ages. They look good, period correct but I also like the Draglites. How's that 500 coming along. Labor day isn't that far away, we need pictures!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X