Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love it or hate it...it's still awesome! Grand National...AEROCOUPE project...20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love it or hate it...it's still awesome! Grand National...AEROCOUPE project...20

Now with the car almost completed the builder posts a video of the progress of this project..........

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Re: Love it or hate it...it's still awesome! Grand National...AEROCOUPE project...20

Sorry, I'm with the hate it folks :P

Comment

Re: Love it or hate it...it's still awesome! Grand National...AEROCOUPE project...20

i never realy liked the aerocoup montes and Grand Prix 2+2s to begin with

but i do like the 2+2 nose and always wanted to put one on my 82 GP

Comment

Totally dig it!!

Guys actually responsible for a lot of cool stuff for the Turbo6 and a very out of the box thinker. He and I sometimes bounce ideas off of each other occasionally.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Interesting .... a bit of gap-o-sis going on there. At least he nailed the wheels!
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I like it. Now would I do it to a perfectly good GN probably not. Probably would have started with a rearended one. (which would have made it harder)

Comment

Why would you say love it or hate it? Aerocoupes are awesome! When I was in tech school a fellow classmate had one and he got t-boned on his way home one day. We were all sad to mourn the loss of such a rare car.
              1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
              1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

I like it!! Anyone who thinks outside the boredom is bad ass in my book.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS
                  Why would you say love it or hate it? Aerocoupes are awesome! When I was in tech school a fellow classmate had one and he got t-boned on his way home one day. We were all sad to mourn the loss of such a rare car.
                  Because some of the purists bashed him on taking a GN and modifying it and some for taking the Aerocoupe because of their rarity.......personally I like it he has some serious skills and you should check out his Turbo Malibu........question I wonder if people would feel the same way if Chip Foose had built or did this?
                  That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

If Chip did it 98 % would love it. I still cannot believe he's wasting time on a John Deere Tractor though.

Comment

Only thing I don't like is the fact he did not start doing doughnuts in the grass, other than that the body work is great.
                      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Comment

Friend of mine took an aerocoupe and converted it back to the regular back window. He had it done and ready for paint in less than a day.

Comment

Originally posted by hpa-bodies
                            Friend of mine took an aerocoupe and converted it back to the regular back window. He had it done and ready for paint in less than a day.
                            so he removed 1/4's , fillers ,glass,trunk,
                            and installed new 1/4's,glass,fillers, inner metal, trunk,etc in under one day..
                            all lined up and welded in , not tacked in..
                            maybe if 23:58 is under a day..

Comment

I like it,, but I'd have gone the way of easy return to stock..
                              I'd swap nose to g.n. onto the chevy and welded the front half of the g.n. doorskin to the rear half of the chevy and been done with it.

and yes I think pontiac should've offered the 2+2 nose on the g/p as a appearance group option..
                              without the f body rear glass

Comment

Working...
                              X