Vegaman's V8 Vega build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vegaman's V8 Vega build

You'd be surprised at how much traction you'll have at Mission. My buddy's clutch came apart on his second pass in a stock LT1 T/A on stock sized street tires! :o

What do you plan to do for a rear axle? Have you found an axle that will fit, or will you use something like S-10 drums?

Tell us about the new motor, you tease! ;D

Comment

Re: Vegaman's V8 Vega build

lol, spinning the tires is my saving grace right now. If it starts to hook then I risk tearing up parts. The suspension is all stock V8 Monza. That's fine for now and should be good to about 350hp. But with the new motor I'm planning on around 430-450hp so I'll need to sit down and think out what I need to do so I don't break, bend or twist things ;)
      Off the top of my head I'm thinking of an S-10 rearend from an Extreme to get the disk brakes as well. But I need to do my homework and see if that rear is strong enough.
      This is all down the road anyway, right now I'm just putting it back together and going to enjoy the summer with it ;)
      "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Put the final pieces back on tonight and got a permit, here's a couple of quick pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	misc 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	854737 Click image for larger version

Name:	misc 004.jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	854738Click image for larger version

Name:	misc 003.jpg
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	854739Click image for larger version

Name:	misc 002.jpg
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	854740

Comment

that thing is truly awesome
          formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
          http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Nice work , I believe there are chin spoilers available for these years . One on yours would hide the rad support plus I think it would look bitch'n . Is that a custom blue color or a factory shade ? .

Comment

Yeah, but like all things Vega those spoilers are hard to find and expensive, never mind trying to find one that isn't a P.O.S. I'll hide that rad support better, probably going to re-do it. That's a factory GM colour, Medium Metallic Blue. I have the paint number around here some place, lol.

Comment

I cant wait to see it with side pipes and Mickey Thompson 50N's sticking out the back end...oh...wait...never mind...got carried away with my own delusions again...

It really does look great, congrats!
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

As far as a chin spoiler , make your own . Start with a cardboard template and a sheet of alluminium . It would be a fun project .This is Bang Shift after all .

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                    As far as a chin spoiler , make your own . Start with a cardboard template and a sheet of alluminium . It would be a fun project .This is Bang Shift after all .
                    hmmm... that sounds like a good next project for my pile.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Thats a bad ass little car, I'd leave it like it is. Its hard to beat the clean simple look you have there.
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

• Thanks for the comments guys. That's a good idea for the spoiler might give that a go. As far as the looks go I probably won't change much more except for the 5 lug upgrade. Most of my other plans are for underneath the car now.

Comment

• If I had a sweet ride like that - my only plan for the summer would be to drive it as much as possible!
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Man, that looks good! I had an '80 Monza years ago, and it had a chin spoiler. I wonder if it could be trimmed to fit?

Comment

• Been a while since I updated so here's some new pics of the car with the new shoes on. Picked up some 15 inch 4 bolt Centerlines relatively cheap. Once I sell off the slicks that came with it, and some other tires and rims I had these wheels and tires will work out to be free. Gotta love that! All I need now are the center caps

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	862312Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	862313Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	862314

Comment

• Perfect! Those wheels absolutely nail it!
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X