No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1988 Camaro

forgot one thing.... converter.... 2200 stall, will probably stall around 2500-2600 because of the torque... much more and it'll be like driving a light switch. (WOT, off, WOT, off)
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Look in my build thread. The motor mounts from the stock small block will bolt in place and drop the motor right in. i think the trans will drop right in to if it is a 700r4. The only thing you will need is to change the tail housing from the trans that is in the car for the one that is behind the big block now. Depending on your power goals there are only a couple of options for exhaust. Hooker makes a set of engine swap headers that are the cheapest for $600. next up is Lemmons for $700-$900 :o . The stock manifolds will work but the serpentine accessory drive won't fit in the car. Any questions I can answer I will. Start planning now for your rear axle upgrade the 7.5 will break in spectacular fashion when the drivetrain swap is complete.
      Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
        forgot one thing.... converter.... 2200 stall, will probably stall around 2500-2600 because of the torque... much more and it'll be like driving a light switch. (WOT, off, WOT, off)
        i laughed :D

Comment

Originally posted by 91CCFirebird

Learn from my mistake and by GM gears from randy's ring and pinion the first time
          x2

Buy Yukon or the good quality OEM replacement from Randy's. Otherwise you're staring down the barrel of trouble.

Comment

I have an Edelbrock Performer 2-0 intake. It's designed for the later model peanut port heads. It's new, never been on an engine, but doesn't have the box.

I'm currently looking for an older Performer for my '70 454, or maybe a Performer RPM.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Damned Scott - I think I tripped over probably 6 of those at the swap meet this weekend.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

You know.... I have an intake that might be the cats pajamas for such a build... I'll post a pic tonight on the for sale section... I sold the motor that was under it so it does need a worthy home.

it's on the swap page
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                X