Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by bjohn; February 10, 2024, 10:57 AM.

Re: 1988 Camaro

Doesn't look bad from the top. Looks as though a/c box on the fire wall is gone,good . A/C delete pulley next to get rid of the cmpressor?

Comment

on that list i would put plugging the fire wall number 1 just for your safty

Comment

I would like the beauty and simplicity of your firewall on my GTA . But since I live so much further south .(Indy) (lol) I want to get mine fixed.

Comment

also that story reminds me of how i got my 84 z

car runs fine he says, car has fresh paint he says

secodaies don't open paints peeling has rust under the paint no interior no floors

i got it for $200 and i had the trailer makes a nice field beater anyways lol

Comment

Originally posted by hairysox33
            Yes, and yes. the downside to him removing that stuff, is I believe that it is letting lots of exhaust fumes into the car. I about passed out driving from Ironwood, MI to Superior, WI here.

What I would like in the near future:

3.73 ring and pinion with an LSD
            The 1LE aluminum drive shaft...
            A not so ugly harwood hood
            Plug that firewall
            Remove the rest of the A/C
            Learn from my mistake and by GM gears from randy's ring and pinion the first time
            Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Looks like a great foundation for a cheap fast car. I think the hood has potential - if the car can back it up!

I promise I'll get that BS lighted hitch picture - just as soon as I get the truck back and un-screw up the trailer wiring -
              (scotch locks should be banned - especially when used to butcher factory harnesses under the car where they are horribly prone to corrosion -- I may have to start from scratch and solder/shrink wrap in a new harness pigtail from the frame rail)

The PO of this car sounds like a real peach! Sounds like you're making the most of it! Nice work
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by hairysox33
                So, i have been running new brake lines lately. Probably the least enjoyable thing I will ever do on a car.
                Said it before and I don't get tired of saying it. "who needs brakes.....they just slow you down !"

Comment

Gotta love the Golf Tee jammed into the Vacuum Line.

Looks like a nice project to start off with compared to ones I've seen around town lately for sale.
                  "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Sounds like you're gonna have a pretty roudy Camaro. The TBI is gonna hurtcha though. Sorry to see the Cat go, but at least you got something hot cookin'.
                    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

No, I wouldn't say that. If you want a great freeway cruiser that will handle some steep gears, a stock TBI motor is a great way to go. If you wanna go fast for cheap... carb, headers, cam.
                      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Peanut I think. Any BBC gurus out there?
                        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

the 90's are peanut i am pretty sure

Comment

is that BBC ford blue????

Comment

300 hp bbc.... probably 14s... those are peanut port heads, but not the small peanut port (didn't know there was a difference until recently).
                              It'll run fine, but it needs a better cam - but be careful with your cam selection; that's a low compression motor (relatively) so getting a wild sounding cam will make your car into a fairground cruiser.
                              The motor mounts are probably the same - if not, bolt on the ones from the camaro and it'll drop right in.... 4x4 motor or 2 wd?
                              The good is your camaro already has an electric pump, the bad - it's high pressure so you'll have to run a regulator... or buy a cheapy pump and disconnect the in-tank pump (it's a mother to get out - I know, I just did it)

I have an intake, but think I just sold it... sorry.... :'(
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X