48 Chevy Fleetline Pro Street.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 48 Chevy Fleetline Pro Street.....

Thanks yeh the bumpers will be rechromed , theres not alot of chrome on the car but what is will be all redone,
    Not real excited to do the grille i have gotten a few quotes on it alone and there around 2k to rechrome alone.

Comment

Re-chroming has gotten uber pricey. Have you seen any "powder coat chrome" ???

I've seen some on headers and harleys that looked good - even the high temp stuff - it's not the same as chrome - but it's a cool look and less than half price according to some of the guys I asked about it.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I have coated headers and i like the look but not on my outside trim theres even a chrome paint that ive considered aswell but love to be at the point where im thinking about chome right now lol
        just be happy to see my car all one color getting close though.

Comment

INDEED!

this is a major undertaking! You have skills and patience I can only dream of.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

LOL Thanks it should be worth it when done just trying to pay attention to all the lil details people over look.
            Ill be sure to keep you posted.

Comment

NICE WORK!

I'm digging the details, I usually lose interest and start painting ;D It looks killer!

I remember when new chrome was not that big of a deal. The gubernment has put most of the shops out of business........the ones I could afford anyway.

Keep the pictures coming!
              A.K.A. Brian
              Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

car is KILLER
                you don't know were I can get trunk emblems for mine do you? I had mine stored and when I picked it up they were gone? now I can not find any

Comment

Sorry wish i could help with that emblem but no i have none, i smoothed up most of my trim but still left the things that i thought it needed like smoothed locks keep the handles etc.

I should have some pics tomorrow i worked on smoothing the bottom of the hood tonight.
                  Its mocked in looking good so far also just ordered my new Holeshots front wheels today they should be here next week.

There 15x4's rears are 15x15 and they weight only 14 pounds supe light weight love them. and they arent even on the car yet .
                  Cars so close to being in filler primer and when its all one color ill mount the wheels.

Heres the rears

Heres a few parts ive picked up lately!

Comment

Working...
                  X