barn find CB 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barn find CB 650

I found this in my uncle's barn after he died... amazing shape given that it's sat for more then 14 years.... so now it's time to make it work - the probably sell it to fund other projects....

at this point it needs a battery for sure... and according to my dad he parked it either because it didn't have spark; or the diaphrams were bad on the carbs..... wonder what it's worth?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: barn find CB 650

Good running condition, I'd say around $1500, I've seen them for as high as $2000, not sure if they get that out of them or not though. What year is it? 80-81? My dad just sold his 81 CB650 for $300, but it needed the carbs gone through, the chrome was rusty, and it was burning oil in one of the cylinders. That thing looks mint compared to his.
    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

If I didn't think I'd get squashed by a semi truck - I'd ride something like that to work all summer long.

That looks like a great survivor - I'm sure going through the carbs will be a slight pita - as will synchronizing them... hopefully you can find the OEM service manual.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

hopefully someone buys this thing before I have to work on it... I was doing a bit of research on rebuilding the carbs; and frankly, I don't feel like doing it....

still, I'm kicking myself, I could have left the bike with a shop in Portland that I trust - then brought it up running..... I hate it when I remember something too late!

oh yeah, and a plug - if you ever need a bike worked on in Portland, OR - DanBros - inexpensive, and they do excellent work.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

cool find

it looks a lot like the '74 550 four SS I had. Mine had the original tires on it and 7500 miles when I found it.

I gave it to my brother when I moved to TN. He has a '75 cb 550, so it has been some good spare parts for him.

once you sync those carbs it's all good.........or a burned piston ;D
          A.K.A. Brian
          Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

Working...
          X