Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1,200 rwhp, E85, 2,300 pounds.....and streetable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,200 rwhp, E85, 2,300 pounds.....and streetable?

1,200 rwhp, E85, 2,300 pounds...and streetable. Those were the requirements given to me by this particular customer. The car is a 69 Camaro. The motor is a Kinser built 580 cubic inch bowtie being fed by an 8-71. The rest is up to me.

The customer comes from a strong drag racing background so while he wants a car he can hit up the local cruise nights with he also has the itch for some seriously low ET's. His style lends itself to the "pro street" look but this will be no all bark and no bite ride. So far we have the car back halved and in roller form. Next up is hanging the fiberglass then mounting up the monster motor.

Stay tuned for updates, this car will be very different from the typical street cars we build.

www.Nightmare-Motorsports.com

Re: 1,200 rwhp, E85, 2,300 pounds.....and streetable?

I have been waiting for you to post with something cool..... and you do not disappoint!

How is the truck coming along?

Steve
    Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Awesome. This is going to be alot of fun to watch.

Keep the pics coming.

Comment

Originally posted by 72Chevelle
        Awesome. This is going to be alot of fun to watch.

Keep the pics coming.
        x2

;D

Comment

Only a lousy 1200 hp at the wheels? > Not enough!!! Just kiddin.

On a serious note. 2300 lbs with a 8-71 topped BBC for power may be tough number to crack. I look forward to seeing you make your goals.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

rightpedal - which truck, the 57?

Rebeldryver - the concept of 2300 pounds is foreign to me in every way considering that we RARELY roll anything out that tips the scale under 3k. I have debated the possibility of 2300 pounds with the customer a couple times now. Last week he came in with pics of a 69 he built in the 80's running a big block NA....that he says weighed in at 2,170 without driver. I guess we will just see where we end up.

Comment

Probably won't make weight if there's any mild steel in the chassis....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Scott
                Thanks for opening a window into your shop.

This customer certainly has laid down the gauntlet for you. I hope he does not also add requirements like quiet and comfortable to the already difficult list of requirements for this build.

Do they make '69 camaro body panels in carbon fiber?

Aluminum block, heads, intake, water pump?
                Lexan windows?
                Gut the doors?
                Aluminum driveshaft?
                Aluminum case 'glide?
                poly fuel cell, tubular suspension parts, no back seat, no carpet, no door panels, super light racing seats, aluminum dash, no heater / ac / stereo....

wow- that's light.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I think my motorcycle weighs more :P Just tare your scale with a 1,000lbs before putting the camaro on it.

Should be interesting.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

This is will definitely be more race car then street car....it is a lift off front, fiberglass doors and decklid, lexan windows, Kirkey seats, Aerospace brakes all around, etc.

The motor is an Iron block and all aluminum everything else. PowerGlide trans will be light, wheels weigh nothing at all, I think it will be REEEEEAL close. I have chatted it up with some guys over YellowBullet and they say that weight is definitely attainable given you want nothing other then what is absolutely necessary. All I know is this is a car I can't wait to see come together. The owner has already hinted to having me take it down the track for him....perhaps some 2011 Drag Week action ????? 8)

Comment

Working...
                    X