• Show
Clear All

• wow
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      wow
      x2

I can only imagine how many hours it took to smooth everything for the paint to look that good. Lots of excellent, patient work there!
      Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

• Back on the ground!

Comment

• Last edited by Pro Fleetline; December 26, 2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
            x2

I can only imagine how many hours it took to smooth everything for the paint to look that good. Lots of excellent, patient work there!
            Thanks from the time the frame was taken apart took 2 days shy of 6 weeks about killed me lol
            fingers hurt for days, so much hand crevice sanding and alot of blocking the bottom of the frame.

Comment

• wow...thats cool!!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• very kool...............what kind of power do you think the motor will make?
                Racing Solves Everything

Comment

• With the tune up i put in it on VP110 should be right at 580hp

Comment

• The car looks amazing! I agree with john this should be in Detroit autorama. If the body turns out half as nice as the frame it should easily be in the great eight.
                    Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

• Wow thanks guys !

To bad they have that no display or seen rule before show. lol
                      Its what makes there show so unique you cant display or show the car in any media or show including on line before the event.

Has to be a fresh never seen build too compete for ridler dont worry no harm of this making that level anyway but should be a nice ride non the less.
                      Alot of people have no clue the the patience it takes to fabricate let alone assemble finance etc. that kind of build.
                      those are not 6 figure cars there 7 figure peices of art work!

I have alot of faith in my body guy to pull off this paint job ive smoothed and changed soooo many lil subtle things on this car, so many i even over look them now. IMO just makes the car so unique i call it cleaning up the ugly lol
                      I have almost 5 weeks in flipping smoothing, tapering and sectioning the bumpers and building new valance panels etc.

Thanks for checking in guys and the kind words ill be sure to keep yo uupdated of course nw frames buttoned up going to start on the belly of the car and finish blocking body stay tuned.

Comment

• Heres an example of what i was talking about.
                        A Stock 48 bumper and how it fits.........

And after a lil ...ok alot of work lol
                        Last edited by Pro Fleetline; December 27, 2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Great looking "HotRod" !
                          Glenn

Comment

• George, I really like the way your build is turning out,very cool.I am also building a 48, they are a tough build with the way the car is put together.I built my own bumpers for something different . I have some pictures in my garage brisner.Please post as much as you can as I am glued! THKS,, Bob

Comment

• I want to know what kind of tool and abrasives you've used on all the steel bits to smooth them out....

I imagine you've gone through dozens and dozens of wheels by now.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by brisner View Post
                                George, I really like the way your build is turning out,very cool.I am also building a 48, they are a tough build with the way the car is put together.I built my own bumpers for something different . I have some pictures in my garage brisner.Please post as much as you can as I am glued! THKS,, Bob
                                Bob thats awesome love to see some of your ride post them up here.
                                And your right they are really challenging probably hardest build ive ever done there just isnt parts available and alot of things i had to build.

And as for the smoothing just you basic side angle air tool with a ton of roloc's discs ive also used a metal smoothing discs you put on your grinder it comes in differant grits to smooth just be careful you dont take to much metal off in places!
                                Thanks for the interest in the build guys i'll continue to post up here first of all my updates!
                                Thanks George
                                Last edited by Pro Fleetline; January 4, 2013, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X